101. In addition to the obvious problem--loneliness, another major obstacle, in my opinion, is the alien environment of campus.
102. Freshmen often get lost on campus; fail to find the way to dormitory or library.
103. Most important of all, apart from their hometown and parents, students couldn't catch sight of any familiar face and have to suffer from homelessness, which can cause certain serious mental disease.
104. In the first place, school authorities should provide far more services to help freshmen to get used to the new life as soon as possible.
105. The senior and junior students could share their own experience about how to overcome the difficulty they have ever met, how to adjust to the new environment with the new students.
106. At the same time, young people should be encouraged to communicate with their peers and develop their interpersonal skills, which may help them greatly to reduce dependence on their parents and are essential in the maintenance of healthy mental condition.
107. In conclusion, we must lay emphasis on this problem and make our maximum contribution to help them spend their first day on campus smoothly.
108. There is a general discussion over fashion in recent years. One of the questions under debate is whether a person should choose comfortable clothes, which he or she likes, regardless of fashion.
109. This issue is becoming a matter of concern for more and more people, especially for parents and experts in education.
110. Many young people always go into raptures at the merely mention of buying fashion clothes. And they seem to be attracted by colorful material, various styles of fashion clothes. There is nothing, they maintain, that can't be compared with fashion clothes. In fact, fashion clothes had become indispensable part of youngster's life.
111. Many people seem to overlook the basic fact: the major function of clothing is to keep us warm and comfortable.
112. Furthermore, people who addict to fashion clothes have to spend more time going shopping and pay more attention to the impression they make on others. As a result, it is impossible to devote enough time and energy in their study and job.
113. No one can doubt the essential fact that the traffic problem over the last years has caused wide public concern all over the world. Experts in increasing numbers are beginning to believe that such situation would produce unfavorable effects on economic growth of local areas.
114. There are several reasons for this problem. One of the main reasons is that the number of vehicles is increasing much more rapidly than building of roads. Another primary reason is that there seem to be too many private cars and not enough public buses.
115. Meanwhile, the numbers of people, who have access to their own cars, have risen sharply in the recent years.
116. Moreover, many people, including drivers and cyclists, do not obey the traffic rules properly, especially at busy intersections. And this undoubtedly worsens the already grave situation.
117. The number of private cars in urban areas should be limited while the number of public buses should be increased.
118. When asked what kind of school they are willing to send their children to attend, many parents say they would choose a boarding school rather than day schools for their children.
119. Many survey show that people in increasing numbers are beginning to recognize that boarding school provides better environment and facilities for children.
120. At the same time, there are still many people who live under the traditional ideas that day schools play an extremely important role in children's study.
121. On the one hand, it is indisputable that boarding schools are exerting a growing important effect, especially in last few years.
122. Students attend a boarding school would cultivate their independence as apart from their parents.
123. What's more, living in school can save them a great deal of time on the way between home and school everyday, so they would be able to concentrate more time and energy on their academic work.
124. On the other hand, the contribution of day schools can't be ignored.
125. Due to high tuition fee, most of ordinary families cannot afford to send their children to boarding schools.
126. Since it is unnecessary to consider student's routine life, day school can lay stress on teaching instead of other aspects, such as management of dormitory and cafeteria.
127. Furthermore, students living in their own home would have access to a comfortable life and have more opportunities to communicate with their parents, which have beneficial impact on development of their personal character.
128. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that both of day schools and boarding schools are important to train young students for our society.
129. There is much discussion over science and technology. One of the questions under debate is whether traditional technology and methods are bound to die out when a country begins to develop modern science and technology.
130. As for me, the declining of traditional technology and methods is not a bad thing; it is the natural result of progress of society.
131. In the first place, some aspects of the traditional technology and methods are harmful and hampering the development of modern technology science.
132. Although modern science and technology have proved that such methods are absurd, there are still millions of people use such methods in many remote places nowadays.
133. In the second place, many values of traditional technology are out of date and should be replaced by modern science.
134. Although many people tend to live under the illusion that traditional technology and methods are still playing extremely important role in people's life, an increasing evidences show that it is less useful than many people think.
135. From what has been discussed above, I firmly believe that time will prove that traditional technology and methods would die out with the development of modern science and technology. The maintenance of the traditional technology and methods is futile.
136. At the time when technology means ever more harmful carbon in the air we breathe, we need these forests now more than ever.
137. Nothing is more important than to receive education.
138. We cannot emphasize the importance of protecting our eyes too much.
139. There is no denying that the qualities of our living have gone from bad to worse.
140. It is universally acknowledged that trees are indispensable to us.
141. There is no doubt that our educational system leaves something to be desired.
142. An advantage of using the solar energy is that it won't create any pollution.
143. The reason why we have to grow trees is that they can supply fresh air for us.
144. So precious is time that we can't afford to waste it.
145. Rich as our country is, the qualities of our living are by no means satisfactory.
146. The harder you work, the more progress you make.
147. The more books we read, the more learned we become.
148. To average people, they often tend to live under the illusion that English often means a good opportunity for one's career, is this really the case?
149. By taking exercise, we can always stay healthy.
150. Listening to music enables us to feel relaxed.