Your university plans to open a café inside the campus library. Do you think this is a good idea? Explain why or why not.话题：事件类
(1) clearly state your opinion：it is/is not a good idea to open a café inside the campus library.
(2) include 2 reasons to support your opinion.
(1)it is a good idea:cozy place to take a break; convenient to get coffee and snacks,and don't need to leave library.
(2)it is not a good idea:eating in the library is not appropriate; it is messy,might stain books and other paper material ; might disturb other student
(1) I think it is absolutely a good idea.
(2) I don't think it is a good idea .
(3) First, I think… second，I believe…
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Private car should not be allowed in the city centers of large cities. Use details and examples to explain your opinion.话题：发展类
(1)specifically state your opinion;
(2)ideally include 2 reasons why you think this way.
(1)If you disagree that private cars should be banned in city centers, you might say something like “some people might think banning private cars in downtown is a good solution to ease traffic congestion. but I don't agree. First, it is really inconvenient under situations when people do need to drive, especially when emergencies happen and we need to drive someone to the hospital“ or you can say “I think banning private cars in downtown could impose a heavy burden on public transportation because people have to choose alternative ways to reach their destination.”
(2)If you agree that private cars should not allowed in city centers, you might say something like “banning private cars in downtown is a great solution to ease traffic congestion. “or “it can significantly reduce the air pollution problem caused by private cars”
(1)although some people might think…
(2) First, I think… For example…
(3) Second, I think…. For example…
The woman expresses her opinion about the university’s plan. Briefly summarize the plan. Then state her opinion about the plan and explain the reasons she gives for holding that opinion.话题：增加类
explain the reasons, the woman.
(1)clearly state her stand;
(2)clearly summarize the reasons for her opposition.
(1) starting with the fall semester, free tutoring will be available to all new students for their entire first year.
(2)Reasons for this decision: 1. to assist first-year students who want or need additional support with their academic course work; 2. individual students can arrange to work with tutors majoring in their own chosen field of study
(1)get extra help with the course material;
(2)get information about things like taking notes or the best way to study for exams;
(3)new students could get access to information about the program from another student’s point of view.
(1) The university is planning to provide a free tutoring service for all freshmen and the listening material is a conversation between 2 students on this proposal.
(2) In the reading passage, the university made a decision that …
(3) In the talk, the woman agrees with the proposal. She has 2 reasons for her support.
(4) First, …Second, …
Explain how the experiment described by the professor illustrates the familiarity principle.话题：社会科学类
explain the experiment, illustrate.
(1)briefly state the main idea of the reading passage;
(2)concentrating on the idea given by the professor. When orally summarizing the lecture, test takers are supposed to include the main points and some examples as well.
familiarity principle: People tend to develop a preference for things they have previously encountered, things they are familiar with.
(1) The professor mentioned an experiment related to the familiarity principle.
(2) First,the researchers showed groups of students a series of distinctive，unusual shapes for a very short period of time. They also lowered the light in the room,make it even more difficult for the students to see the shapes.
(3) In the next step of experiment,they gave the students a longer time to look at the shapes.And this time they showed the images in pairs, one was a shape the students had already seen ,the other was some new shapes that hadn’t been shown.
(4) then,the researchers asked the students which of the two shapes they liked better, students preferred the shape they already seen.
(1) In this set of materials, the reading passage is (the title of the reading passage) and the listening material is a lecture by a professor on the same topic. 当然，如果你觉得你的听力材料的理解率很高也不用谈及阅读材料中的内容。只是第一段说起来实在太easy了。
(2) In the reading passage, it introduces a concept called…
(3) In the lecture, the professor… 不但要包括观点而且要包括教授所给的例子。
Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing. Then state which of the two solutions from the conversation you would recommend. Explain the reasons for your recommendation.话题：Undesirable situations
two possible solutions, summarize the problem, state you recommend, explain why.
(1)two possible solutions;
(2)briefly summarize the problem;
(3)state which solution you prefer;
(1)The man to attend a field trip to Montreal,Canada next weekend but he forgot to apply for a passport to cross the international boarder.
(2)He could also fulfill the class requirement by writing a 3-page paper in French about Montreal but he is gonna miss a great trip.
(3)He could apply a passport now but he have to pay extra money to get a passport in time.
1) write a 3-page paper in French.
2) You may talk about some disadvantage of the second solution. For example, get a passport is just one part of the field trip preparation. He also need to book plane ticket, back up his luggage,etc. it is too occupied and exhausted to get everything down in such short period of time.
3) You may talk about some advantage of the first solution. For example, it is not hard to write a 3-page paper. He could have a plenty of time to do some part-time job.
1) pay extra money to get a passport.
2) You may talk about some advantage of the second solution. For example， he would be very disappointed when other students get to talk about this trip after they come back;He would need a passport if he travel abroad in the future.
(1)In this talk, the man(or the woman) has a problem...
(2)The man (or the woman)gives her (or him)2 solutions. One is to⋯The other one is to ...
(3)Well, I think the first (or second)one is better.
Using points and examples from the lecture, explain two dry-climate features of frogs.话题：生命科学类
use the examples, explain, two dry-climate features, frogs.
(1)point out the professor's conclusion;
(2)summarize the examples in the listening material.
(1) there are two dry-climate features of frogs to survive in dry environment.
(2) some frogs greatly reduce their skin's exposure to the dry air,by creating a sort of covering over their skin.
(3) Other frogs maintain an adequate level of moisture through a different physical feature, one that allows them to to absorb and store moisture during wet rainy times for later use.
(1)What the professor have learned about the advantages of franchising are...
(2)The advantages described in the listening material are...
(3)Thus we can know how...