11. Please describe steps of learning a new subject.Personally, the subject I wanna describe is English. First, you know, the most fundamental step is to memorize vocabularies. It really drove me crazy! Everyday, I woke up at 6 o’clock to open the vocabulary book. Also, I accumulated words from American movies and TV series, which means I spent a lot time in watching them. But because of great efforts I have paid, now I can totally understand what foreigners speaking. Second, another difficult part for me is spoken English. So whenever I had spare time, I always went to English corner to practice my oral English with foreigners. I intentionally imitated their accent and intonation, also we exchanged information about our different cultures. Surprisingly, only several months later, I won an English speech competition.
12. Describe a person who always makes you laugh. Explain why the person is
funny. Include details and examples in your explanation. Personally speaking, the person that makes me laugh is my best friend Jason. First, Jason has a special dressing sense that always makes me burst into laugh. For example, in summer, other boys always wear T-shirts and shorts, while he dresses with a skirt! What’s more, his skirts always contain bright colors, like red and yellow, so, it looks so weird! Second, Jason’s facial expression is really attractive and funny. Especially when he is telling us a joke or saying something excited, his face is contorting, voice is trembling and even spit saliva as rain drops. Therefore, I really appreciate his company with me
13. Describe the most important development in your country in the past 20
years. Personally the most development occurred in my country in the last 20ys is the technology development. First, such development brings us a new form of transportation, subway. Subway can save us a lot of time. Especially in a big city, there’re a lot of traffic jams. If I drive my car to school, sometimes it takes me more than one hour, while 20m is enough to get there by subway.
Second, the development also introduces computers to all of Chinese families, which really help us a lot. For example, one day I should deal with my historical paper, but I was lack of such materials. I turned to the computer, within seconds, I have found a lot of relevant information. Therefore, I have finished my paper so rapidly.
14. Describe the most disappointed experience and why. The disappointed experience for me is that I haven’t made the trip to America in this summer.
You know, I am dreaming of America, because I have been told that there are a lot of magnificent sceneries there, like Yellow Stone Park, The Statue of Liberty and Hollywood! And those beautiful landscapes would definitely relax myself, releasing the pressure from my whole semester’s study. I have already bought the tickets, booked the restaurant and even made a well-detailed plan about this trip, anything had been done. However, my university demands us to
participate in voluntary services in communities. I really want to have a try and offer assistances for the people who need. But it’s not the time, I have my schedule during the summer vacation. So, unfortunately, I can’t go for my trip due to such requirement because I don’t want to be deducted points from my credits.
15. What new skill would you like to learn? Explain why this skill would be good
for you to have. Personally, the new skill I wanna learn is playing piano for the following reasons. First, I believe that being exposed to magnificent melody would enable me to relax myself especially after school every day. You know, I would be definitely stressed out when I go back from school, so what I am willing to do is to play piano and devote myself to those classical music, which would relieve my pressure from my study and have a peace of mind. Second, playing piano would broaden horizon and enrich my knowledge. I am studying academic stuff at school all the time, sometimes I need something different.
And playing piano would offer me the great chance to learn much more knowledge
about music and art than math, Chinese or English.