IBT 结构提纲 1 ：
1. social etiquette
2. harm a person’s health
Transitional words: for one thing, for another, in recognition of those above
结语： should be banned
Sample answer 1:
I strongly agree with the opinion that cell-phone usage should be banned in some places like
concert halls, movie theaters or in some situations like when you are driving in cars or taking a subway, when you are in flight, in classes or meetings.
For one thing, it has become social etiquette. The cell phone user should know when and where to pick up the cell phone and talk. Though people have personal right to use their phone, the others are not supposed to be involved in the unnecessary disturbance.
For another, cell phone usage can harm a person’s health. Brain cancer rates in the US have risen since cell phones were introduced, leading some people to wonder if cell phone usage is the reason for the increase.
In recognition of those above, there should be some kind of regulations helping with this problem. This way people will be well aware.
IBT 结构提纲 2 ：
1. distraction to the user
2. lack of guidance
3. suggestion—train them to use it properly
Transitional words: in a word
结语： should be allowed
Sample answer 2:
I absolutely think that devices like cell phones should be allowed in school.
It’s wrong to think they are a distraction. It’s not the cell phone that holds one back in the class or makes the rest of the class annoyed. Cell phones are only distracting to the person who is using them, not the entire class.
What is obvious to note ，however ，is the fact that the problem is NOT cell phones, but rather, the total lack of discipline, lack of character and values, and lack of social responsibility that is NOT being taught to these kids either at home or at school.
So my suggestion is to train the school student in the proper use of information and communication technology (ICT) tools including cell phones. Do not just ban their use ‘cause the student that learns the use of communication technology today therefore is the beginning(现分作定) knowledge worker of tomorrow.
In a word, people need to wake up and get real, so cell phones should be allowed.
Does television play a positive or negative role in the modern world Include details and examples to support your opinion.
Television is now playing a very important part in our life. Like other things, it has both advantages and disadvantages. But I think the former outweigh the latter.
First , television keeps one informed of current events, allows one to follow the latest developments in science and politics, and offers an endless series of programs which are both instructive and entertaining.
Second, it is undoubtedly a great comfort to many lonely elderly people even though there are many other arguments against television like the criticism about the poor quality.
Last, primary and secondary education has improved since the arrival of TV in the home.
Through TV a child can extend his knowledge and spark ( 激发，鼓舞) his imagination.
Those above are the reasons why I think television plays a positive role in the modern society.
Television is now playing a very important part in (对题目的 restatement )our life. Like other things, it has both advantages and disadvantages. But I think the former outweigh the latter ( 力荐此句型).
【理由 1— 信息及娱乐之源】
First , television keeps one informed of (使人了解/ 被通知， 所以用过去分词) current events, allows one to follow the latest developments in science and politics, and offers an endless series of programs which are both instructive and entertaining.
【理由 2— 对老人有益】
Second, it is undoubtedly a great comfort to (无疑是一种慰藉)many lonely elderly people even though there are many other arguments against television like the criticism about the poor quality.
【理由 3— 对孩子有益】
Last, primary and secondary education has improved since the arrival (arrive 的名词用的)好!) of TV in the home. Through TV a child can extend his knowledge )(扩展知识面)and spark his imagination. (激发想象力)
【结语】Those above are the reasons why I think television plays a positive role in the modern society.
1. It’s been said that technology creates more problems than it solves and may threaten or damage the quality of life. Is this statement reasonable What problems does technology bring us Use specific examples in your answer, please.
1. Information is probably the biggest advantage Internet offers.
2. Any kind of information on any topic under the sun is available on the Internet.
3. You can almost find any type of data on almost any kind of subject that you are looking for.
4. There is a huge amount of information available on the internet for just about every subject.
5. Everything is at your finger tips.
6.The foremost target of internet has always been the communication.
7. Internet has brought a globe in a single room.
8. Internet has great potential and lot to offer.
9. We can communicate in a fraction of second with a person who is sitting in the other part of the world.
10. There are plenty of messenger services in offering.
11. With help of such services, it has become very easy to establish a kind of global friendship where you can share your thoughts, can explore other cultures of different ethnicity (种族渊源).
12. Recreation/Entertainment is another popular reason why many people prefer to surf the Internet.
13. Music, hobbies, news and more can be found and shared on the Internet.
14. Downloading games, visiting chat rooms or just surfing the Web are some of the uses people have discovered.
The following aspects could best illustrate the advantages of the Internet. Net-surfers in different countries can share interesting knowledge and the latest information. Besides, the
Internet has provided a major opportunity to buy and sell merchandise and even stocks, reserve a room, or do e-business. What’s more, people may get medical help, hunt for a job or even vote on the Internet. And its advantages seem countless.
Behind all this glowing talk, however, are some problems. The Internet makes people passive by stopping them from doing something to their own taste. When there is a breakdown or jam, people may find that World Wide Web turn(s) into World Wide Wait. Even worse, some children may have access to the scenes of violence and sex on the net. Apart from these, it can be affected by viruses and hackers and all kinds of cyber criminals.
2. Now in the age of the Internet, reading books does not seem as important as it once was. Do you think people can learn much on the Internet as they can by reading books Which method do you prefer
( 06.6.9+06.6.10+06.11.10+07.6.30+07.10.27 真题)
Which do you prefer, e-reading or traditional reading
Some people prefer e-reading ‘cause it’s fast and convenient. But in my opinion traditional reading is better for several reasons.
First, paper reading doesn’t have as much bad effect on our eyes as computer reading. Even after reading for two or three hours, my eyes won’t hurt.
Second, the printed word gives more comfort, enjoyment or personal touch than electronic text.
I like the feeling of turning the page and taking notes on the book.
Third, though computers are changing the reading habits, the long tradition of printed word may yet not be. Most people still read printed books, magazines and newspapers to get their information.
Therefore, I prefer traditional reading to e-reading.