1. At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.
2. Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people.
3. It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.
4. In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.
5. People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do.
6. Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.
7. It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.
8. Television advertising directed towards young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed.
9. Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.
10. Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.
11. Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with?
12. It is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject.
13. The extended family (grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.
14. People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.
15. In order to become financially responsible adults, children should learn to manage their own money at young age.
16. The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide.
17. Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.
18. Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.
19. In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news resources.
20. Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they know.
21. For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school.
22. Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.
23. In today’s world, it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct.
24. One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job
25. Young people nowadays do not give enough time to helping their communities.
26. It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents’ jobs than to choose jobs that are very different from their parents’ jobs.