Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get.
1. M：Sorry, but I can't go and have a cup of coffee with you now. I've only
done half the readings for the philosophy class tomorrow.
W：And I thought I was a slow reader.
Q：What does the woman mean?
2. W：I entered one of my new photographs in the newspaper's contest.
M：If it's anything like the others you've shown me, I'm sure you'll come
out on top(=win the contest)!
Q：What does the man mean?
3. W：You took the European literature class last year; are you interested in
selling me any of the books?
M：I always hold on to them for future reference.
Q：What will the man probably do?
4. M：I haven't heard from Janet since she entered medical school. I wonder
how she's doing.
W：Well, I understand she gave our department secretary her new address
and phone number. Why don't you try to get in touch with her?
Q：What does the woman suggest the man do?
1. M: Do you know when the next train is? I need to be at the Museum of Fine Arts by 10:30.
W: Actually there is a shuttle bus at 10 that takes you directly there. And it’s only a 25-minute ride.
Q: What does the woman imply?
2. M: It was such a great weekend. I saw two really good movies on the play. What did you do?
W: What you were supposed to be doing? Studying! Did you forget we have an exam today?
Q: What does the woman mean?
3. W: So what are they supposed to be building over there? Another gym?
M: Isn’t that where the new library is going?
Q: What are the speakers talking about?
4. W: Do you mind if I use your computer to write a history paper? Mine’s out for repairs.
M: Sorry, I am in the middle of typing something and it’s gonna be a while. You know, the computer lab is still open.
Q: What does the man imply the woman should do?
5. M: Hi Gina, that’s a really cool watch. Where did you get it?
W: Well, my sister works at the jewelry store right off campus.
1，w:I need to get a new student ID card, I seem to have lost my old one, and I need one right away
M:me too,we are going to head over to the student service officec,and,wait a minute ,by now they are closed and won’t be open again till Monday morning ,so how about if we meet there then ,just before our biology class
2. M: have you seen my calculator, it was right here a minute ago, W: did you look it on your book; I am always losing things that way
3: W: (do) you think there is too much red in this painting; I feel that the colors aren’t quite balanced
M: why are you asking me, I am not a fine art major?
4: M:I hear they are giving free flu shot down at the student center
W: Really, when you find when it exactly is, let me know, I got one last year and it is the first winter I can remember that I didn’t get flu
5. W: do you want to see the baseball game tomorrow, Joe has an extra ticket
M: you must be kidding, when we before finals when everybody is studying day and night
6: M: can you come to that meeting on Friday morning
W: this Friday, I’ll have to see if I can rearrange my schedule
7:W: I just got off the phone with the housing office, I want to move to a different dorm, well, but they won’t let me move in the middle of the semester
M:I guess you sure have to make the best of it
8: m: excuse me, you didn’t happen to see a fig history book with a blue cover, I hope nobody has taken it
W: oh, that was your book; I took it down to the lost and found before someone walked off it
9: W: can I borrow your some money; I left my purse in my car
M: you bought me lunch last time; it is my turn to treat you
10, M: my computer screen is flashing, and I can’t get it stopped
W: oh, a similar thing happened to me the other day, I’ll bet together we can figure out what to do
11’w: now that the weather is getting nicer and I’d like to get some exercises outside, do you know anyone who is interested in playing tennis this week
M:that funny ,I was thinking the same thing ,are you free on Wednesday morning