I would like to talk about Chipao, an interesting style of clothes in China. To begin with, Chipaohas a long history and reflects Chinese culture. It is originated from the traditional clothes of Manchu people, who governed the country in Qing Dynasty. It is always made of expensive silk and has many traditional Chinese patterns on it such as bamboo leaves and lotus flowers.
What’s more, during 20th century, talented Chinese tailors combined some western elements with Chipao and made it more wearable in daily life. Since then Chipao has become one of the most popular traditional clothes in China. Nowadays, young women would still choose to wear bright red Chipao in their wedding and other celebrations. And movies in which actresses wear different kinds of Chipaos are sold to everywhere in the world.
题干： If a high school is planning to organize an after-school activity for its students, what kind of activity would you recommend and why?
本题属于独立题中的较难题型，事件题。但从题干内容来看，大多数考生在备考时都已经准备过volunteer activity/sports/environment activity等分类话题，本题可以包容这些考生已经熟悉的内容，故难度并不是很大，这里就不展示范文了，可以给考生提供两个思路。
思路1 – organize a basketball/football/tennis match
1. Many school work to do during day time/get relaxed
2. Know the importance of teamwork
3. The opportunity to exercise/ improve strength and flexibility
思路2 – offer tutoring programs to students
1. Some students have difficulties in study (e.g. math, physics)
2. Students from higher grades can tutor those students and earn money
3. Give valuable experience to students who want to be teachers
题干： Describe one type of community work you want to take part in.
思路1 – take care of the elder citizens in the community
1. Many old people are not in good health/ clean house and do some cooking
2. They live apart from their kids so they may be lonely/talk to them
3. Share their knowledge and life experience with us
思路2 – plant trees and collect garbage around neighborhood
1. The community suffers serious pollution/ improve the environment
2. Get exercised when planting trees/ good for my health
3. Acquire knowledge of protecting the earth and share it with other people.
A Talk about how cellphone has changed people’s lives. Explain your answer in details.
B Talk about the ways Internet has benefited people’s lives. Explain your answer in details.
- The cellphone/Internet has allowed us to communicate with people far from us, even in different countries.
- With the help of cellphone/Internet, we can know the latest news, so we would know better about what is going on in the society.
- Whenever I have problems, especially when I get lost, I don’t need to ask other people for help. The cellphone/Internet can tell me where to go and I can easily find my destination. I9kk
题干：Talk about an important decision that you have made. Explain why this decision is important to you.
I made an important decision last year when I was about to graduate from high school. Students often face some difficulties when they are required to choose major. For me, it was even harder.
My parents are both successful businessmen and they have always wanted me to take over the family owned business. So they asked me to study finance, accounting and related business majors. But for me, I like Chinese novels very much and I think numbers and business are boring, so I would like to choose to study Chinese literature.
My father was certainly not happy about that and we had some arguments that time. Finally, I surrendered to my father and chose business management major. Now it turns out it’s a good decision because I can use the knowledge to help my parents and I can still enjoy reading during my spare time.
Describe a person you want to learn more about. Explain why you want to know more about this person.
简单题，入门题，大家都会说的人物题，但是要注意和以往常见题目的区别。人物题最常见的几种形式: Describe the person you admire the most. / Describe the most influential person in your community. / Describe the person you always talk to. 以及其他。无论哪一种，都是基于考生对那个人的了解展开论述。而这题，考察的恰恰是我们“不了解”、“想要了解”的部分。所以千万不要陷入惯性思维一味地述说人物的特点，而是在讲述你了解的特点之余，穿插一部分你尚不知道但是有兴趣的信息。
The person I want to lean more about is Steve Jobs, the former CEO of the Apple company, which produces Iphone and Ipad. I have two reasons. First, everybody knows that before Steve worked for Apple, the company suffered loss and none of its products was successful. It was only after Steve became the CEO that Apple started to boom and kick other competitors out.
So I am really interested in this process, how his team invented Iphone and made it successful. Second, Steve Jobs gives perfect speeches. His words “stay hungry, stay foolish” became the motto of thousands of teenagers. So I want to know what kind of experience he had when he was young. Maybe this will help me understand life better.