1. There has been undesirable trend in recent yearstowards the worship of money . A recent survey showed that X percent ofrespondents ranked getting rich as their top priority , compared to X percentonly a few years ago . Why do people fail to realize that wealth does notnecessarily bring happiness ?
2. Some months ago ,a friend of mine was killed in atragic automobile accident involving a drunk driver.The incident was far fromrare , and was in fact typical of thousands of cases involving people dricing underthe influence of alcohol.
3. I recently read a newspaper article on the rampantspread of child abuse . The deplorable problem of the widespread abuse ofinnocent children has aroused public concern nationwide.
4. Should parents spare the rod and spoil the child ?Opinions concerning strict parental discipline vary widely . Some view strictdiscipline as nothing more than a form of abuse , while others argue it is anessential factor for instilling appropriate social behavior .
5. What do you think of the increasing openness accompanyingthe ongoing sexual revolution ? Do you ever fantasize ? Answers to thesequestions should be based on a determination between appropriate andinappropriate behavior.
6. Why do some governments persist in spending billionsof dollars on space exploration when starvation and poverty continue to gripmany countries throughout the world ? This particular question is being raisedby an ever increasing number of people .
7. Judging from the reams of evidence presented , we cansafely conclude that the Three Gorges Project will change the lives of anuntold number of people forever.
8. The ample evidence presented enables us to reasonablyconclude that the scourge of AIDS will be brought under control in theforeseeable future.
9. We must seek immediate solutions for problems leadingto the rapid depletion of the earth's ozone layer . If allowed to proceedunchecked , the problem will undoubtedly exacerbate global warming and threatenlife as we know it today .
10. Quite obviously,immediate action is needed toextricate 80 million Chinese people from the grips of poverty in order toremove the danger of social unrest and ensure continuing stability.
An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city . However， this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents， who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus， which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem ：the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement.
No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet.
People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person’s physical fitness.
When it comes to education ，the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills， which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to fact the dangers of starvation and exposure.
Although this view is widely held， this is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
Nowadays， many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately ，for most young people， it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
In view of the seriousness of this problem ，effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.
A proper part-time job does not occupy student’s too much time .In fact， it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes： All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Any government which is blind to this point may pay a heavy price.
An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.