1. Some people get up early in the morning and go to bed early at night. Others get up late in the morning and stay up until late at night. Which do you think is better and why?
2. Some people prefer to live in the city, and some people prefer to live in the country, which do you prefer and why?
3. Some students like to live off campus, like rent an apartment to live in; while others prefer living on campus, like stay in the dormitories. Which would you prefer and why?
4. Some people prefer to plan their own trips, while other people prefer to travel on planed tours. Which do you prefer and why?
5. Some people take one long vacation each year. Others take several short vacations. Which do you prefer and why?
6. Some people like going to large parties where there are many people they do not know. Other people prefer small parties with a few close friends. Which type of party do you prefer and why?
7. Some people like going to concerts to hear music played live. Others prefer listening to recorded music. Which musical experience do you think is better and why?
8. Some people drive their own car to school or work. Others ride a bus, a train, or other form of public transportation. Which do you think is better and why?
9. Some people get most of their news from the radio or television. Others read the newspaper. Which source of news do you think is better and why?
10. Some people keep in touch with friends and family members by letter or e-mail. Others keep in touch by telephone. Which method do you prefer to use and why?
11. Do you prefer to go out to dinner or stay home and cook a meal?
12. Would you prefer to take a trip by plane or by train?