托福听力考试中,关于具体题目的翻译练习,可以帮助我们更全面的来提高听力分数。那么具体的备考中,到底这些练习题目以及翻译内容是什么?大家如何更充分的备考这些内容呢?下面小编为大家整理了详细的内容,供大家参考!

  官方真题Official50托福听力Conversation1原文文本

  标题:Straw Poll

  Listen to a conversation between a student and a political science professor.

  请听一段学生和政治学教授之间的对话。

  Student:

  I’m not sure if you know but I was elected to go to the students’ government this year.

  我不清楚您知不知道,但是我今年想去学生会。

  Teacher:

  Oh, congratulations!

  哦,恭喜恭喜!

  I was in student government myself when? I was undergraduate.

  我读大学的时候就是学生会的一员。

  It taught me a lot about the political process.

  它教给我很多关于政治事务的事情。

  In fact, the experience solved my problem of what to do with my life.

  实际上,这段经历帮我解决了未来的人生中要做什么的问题。

  It really cemented my interest in becoming a political scientist.

  它确实坚定了我变成政治学者的兴趣。

  Student:

  Cool!

  好酷啊!

  Anyway, the reason I came by is we are getting ready to conduct a straw poll on campus, you know, hold an informal ballot since the general election is just a couple of month away.

  无论如何,我的理由是我们正在为大学里的非正式民意测验做准备,你知道,就是在大选几个月之前先举行一个非正式的投票。

  We want to get a few of the studentbody’s political leanings, like who’s students areplanning to vote for, which political party people identify with, that sort of thing.

  我们在学生团体的领袖那里获得一席之地,就像是学生们打算投哪些人呀,哪个政治团体大家比较认同,这样的事情。( first sentence: we want to get a few of the student body’s leanings)

  Teacher:

  I’m sure.

  当然。

  I help students run the straw poll once years ago, uh, it was a lot of work.

  我几年前帮助学生举办了一次这种非正式民意测验,工作非常繁重。

  Most of you could use paper ballots, and stayedup all night counting them.

  你们大多数会用纸质的选票,然后需要熬夜去统计得票数。

  But if you use computers……

  但是如果你们用计算机的话……

  Student:

  Yeah, we are creating a website for where our students will be able to voteonline.

  是的,我们在搭建一个可以让学生在线投票的网站。

  Em, we are looking for a faculty advisor to help, actually.

  嗯,实际上,我们在寻找可以为我们提供帮助的指导教师。

  I was hoping you might be interested in.

  我希望您对这个项目有兴趣。

  Teacher:

  Oh, I’m flattered, John.

  哦,我太荣幸了,约翰。

  But my schedule is so jammed.

  但是我的日程已经排得满满的了。

  I’m teaching two seminars, your intro-course, finishing up my research.

  我正在教着两个研讨班,还有你们的导论课程,再加上我还得完成研究。

  But, what about Professor Clan?

  但是,你觉得克兰教授怎么样?

  She is new in our department.

  她是我们系新来的教授。

  Plus, she is a wiz with computers.

  另外,她可是计算机小能手。

  Student:

  Ok, I will ask her.

  好的,我去问问她、

  Teacher:

  So, have you decided on the topic for your term paper yet?

  所以,你决定你的学期论文的题目了吗?

  Student:

  Not really.

  还没呢。

  Teacher:

  Why not write about your straw poll?

  为什么不写一下你的非正式民意测验呢?

  Since the paper is not due till after the election, you could include your results.

  因为你的论文直到选举结束后才交,你可以把你的结果包含进去。

  Maybe compare them with the real election results.

  或许把它们和真正的选举结果相比较。

  Student:

  But would that be enough?

  但是这就足够了吗?

  I mean, just comparing numbers?

  我的意思是,就仅仅做一个数字上的比较?

  Teacher:

  Well, no, you need to provide some analysis, too.

  不够,你还需要分析一下。

  But I was thinking, there is a couple of local ballot questions this year.

  但是我在想,今年当地的投票涉及到了几个问题。

  You know, referendum, the voters can either support or not support?

  你知道,全民公决的时候,投票者既可以支持也可以反对吧?

  Student:

  Right.

  对的。

  There is one on whether to ban smoking in restaurants, and another one……

  有个问题是在餐馆应不应该禁烟,还有一个……

  I think it’s whether to spend tax dollars for a new sports arena in the city.

  我记得应该是应不应该花纳税人的钱在城市里新建一个体育竞技场。

  Teacher:

  Ah, Ok.

  啊,好的。

  Here is an idea.

  我是这样想的。

  In regular elections, the vast majority of voters ignore referendum.

  在普通的大选里,大多数的投票人会无视全民公决。

  They vote for their favorite candidates but avoid ballot questions.

  他们就是为自己最喜欢的候选人投票,但是会忽视投票上的问题。

  We believe it was because voters aren’t familiar with the questions or don’t understand them.

  我们相信这是因为投票者对于这些问题不熟悉,或者是不理解它们。

  But actively educating people on ballot questions right before they vote can improve referendum participation rates.

  但是如果我们在选民们投票之前积极地教育他们的话,这可以增进全民公投的参与率。

  Student:

  In that case, maybe we could have our straw poll website providing information on the ballot questions, like how each proposal would affect students.

  这种情况下,也许我们就可以让我们的非正式民意测验为投票的问题提供信息,就好像每一个提议会如何影响学生一样。

  Teacher:

  Exactly.

  说得很准确。

  And when you write your paper, you could compare the students’ referendum voting rate to the general publics.

  当写你的论文的时候,你可以对比学生在公投中的投票率和大众的投票率。

  And include you own analysis of the results.

  并且把你对于结果的分析包含进去。

  Plus, there is plenty of publish research on referendum voting behavior.

  另外,前人对于大众的公投行为分析有足够的研究。

  Student:

  Thanks, Professor Miller.

  谢谢,米勒教授。

  I have no idea the straw poll can actually help me in my course work.

  我还真不知道非正式民意测验可以在我的学业上帮助我。

  以上就是关于“托福听力题目翻译的练习资料”的内容,想要更好地申请留学,那么大家在备考的过程中,就要更好地提高我们的语言成绩,这样在我们之后的申请中才能有更大的帮助。小编也提前预祝大家能够取得高分成绩。


展开显示全文