The Giant Panda Protection and Research Center of China was established in the early 1990s to keep giant pandas in existence. The center, collaborated with the central government and many world’s leading wildlife conservation organizations, has spared no efforts in expanding panda reserves, improving panda breeding management, and conducting scientific research on wildness training and the reintroduction of captive-bred giant pandas. Simultaneously, strict laws against panda poaching and fur smuggling have been stipulated when the public is well equipped with the knowledge disseminated by the center as well as increasingly aware of the importance of animal protection. All these measures are so effective that panda population has multiplied to 170 in China, which accounts for 60% of the total number of the captive-bred pandas worldwide.
- 托福写作素材Words and Phrases -
① collaborate with 与…合作
=work with, cooperate with
* collaborate with one’s colleagues
* extensively collaborate/cooperate with neighboring countries
② spare no efforts in 不遗余力做某事
=take measures to
* spare no efforts in safeguarding people’s health
* take measures to protect the increasingly deteriorating environment
③ stipulate 规定
* the government/law stipulates that…
* It is stipulated/regulated by the government/law that…
④ account for (在数量/比重上)…占
Education expenditure accounted for/constituted five per cent of the gross national product (GNP) last year.
- Sentence Patterns -
① so…that… 太…以致…
* The plot of Murder on the Orient Express is so thought-provoking that viewers are turned into detectives themselves.
* Many students are so preoccupied with their studies that they do not have time to cook a nutritious meal.