1. Home teaching is a teaching method that a family hires a private teacher/ tutor to teach the children at home. Do you agree or disagree that home teaching is very important, and explain why?
I would agree that home teaching is very important. There are a couple of reasons to name.
To begin with, home teachers can seek out the weakness of the students and make up for the deficiency in time. Since home teachers usually give classes, they can sense which part the student is weak in and then prepare a tailor-made course for the students.
Moreover, the teaching effect will be pretty good. As we all know, during the 1 on 1 class, there will be more frequent interactions between the teachers and students, and their relationship will be much closer so that the students are more likely to do as the teacher tells them to.
In conclusion, home teaching is quite important.
2. Your foreign friend is considering coming to your country to visit, but he/she doesn’t know how to plan the trip. What suggestions of transportation do you give him/her?
From my perspective of view, I would definitely recommend taking the subway as a transportation. There are a couple of reasons to name.
To begin with, taking the subway is the best choice to travel far within a short period. Taking the bus and driving a car also seem quite fast, but you will wait in line and travel even as slowly as a tortoise if rush hours come. However, rush hours cannot stop the subway.
Moreover, taking the subway is an environment-friendly method. All the trains are driven by electricity so that no air pollutants will be emitted. Thus this will help the visitors make more contribution to protecting the environment here.
For the above reasons, I would suggest taking the subway.
3. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that interrupting others while others are talking about something is impolite?
In my view, it’s impolite to interrupt others suddenly.
For one thing, each one has the right to express his own ideas. Whether right or wrong, whether reasonable or not, people have the right to express their own or listen to others’ opinions. Also who can be always absolutely right?
For another thing, interrupting others isn’t beneficial for a discussion. For a discussion, usually the first step is to have the brainstorm and then come to an agreement or conclusion. If always listening to one person’s idea, without exchanging ideas, what is the meaning for a discussion?
Thus, I think people should have a good manner of listening to others
4. If you are to choose between two apartments to live in next semester, one apartment is near the campus but slightly expensive, the other is a little far from the campus but cheaper, which one do you prefer and why?
If I’m to rent a house, I definitely would like to have one that will cost me less. As a student, I don't think it is necessary and more importantly practical for me to spend extra money on renting an off-campus apartment, especially a price one, since I can spend the money in a more constructive way, like buy studying materials and stuff. Indeed, the distance between my apartment and the school means that I have to spend more time on buses or subways. But actually that's not an issue for me. You see, I'm good at making use of the so-called time confetti. I can surely read books or listen to some fun stuff to make my time meaningful.
5. Some people have emotional attachments to old things, such as old clothes, old books and toys they played in their childhood, so they would prefer to keep them as long as possible, while some people don’t have such attachments and prefer to throw out old things, which one is your habit and why?
I prefer to throw out old things.
Firstly, this may give a more spacious room. Actually my bedroom is small, only 8 square meters, apart from one bed and one desk, the space is very limited. If I keep many old items, such as old shoes, old clothes, old magazines, then my room will be very crowded, even annoying.
Secondly, this may help me embrace something new. Just because I often throw out old items, then I have the chances to experience new things, such as more fashionable clothes and shoes, more elegant toys and decorations. If my room is filled with old things, hardly can I have the chance to embrace new items.