Whitehead was the first person who had invented the airplane in 1901, which was 2 years earlier than Wright Brothers.
All these three evidence are not true.
(1) The lacking of photographs can’t indicate that Whitehead had invented the Airplane in 1901. Actually, drawings was the most popular way appearing on the newspaper. The news may be made up by some reporter to publish an eye-catching event, therefore it was unreliable.
(2) The design of the plane was unreasonable because it had just one single-level wings, and it could not fly at that time.
(3) Whitehead sold the engine which was designed by himself to many aircraft builders, who couldn’t manufactured an airplane successfully. Thus the author thought the engine of the airplane couldn’t function well.
Refute each point raised in reading part separately.
These evidence are more stronger than we thought.
(1) Because of the limit of the technology, most of the news press adopted drawings instead of photos. Because the experiment of flying was in the early morning, With dim light and the fast moving of the plane, it was difficult to capture enough high quality photographs.
(2) In the modern time, some scientists completely copy the design of Whitehead, which indicates that this kind of design is able to work well.
(3) It is true that those aircraft builders couldn’t invented the airplane successfully, but Whitehead should not be to blame for it. Since there was the limit of technology and lack of knowledge, it was normal not being able to create the plane. Furthermore, it could proved the good quality of the engine that so many people buying it.