1. Which do you think works better on kids: to praise kids’ good behaviors with rewards or to punish them for their bad behaviors?
As for me, I think punishing kids for their bad behaviors is a better way to help them build up good behaviors. The cons of rewarding often has to do with removal of the prize. A kid may behave in a desirable way as long as the reward is still there, but if it is stopped, this particular behavior stops as well. But punishing is different, It’s profound and memorable. For example, if kids interrupt the teacher or answer questions without first raising their hands, they get punished, they will have to sit at their desks when everyone else is allowed to go outside and play. When they realize there will be negative consequences, they change, automatically.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that kids should be allowed to keep a pet as the company in their daily lives? Give your specific explanations in your response.
I can’t agree with the statement more.
First, pets may help us relieve our pressure. After a whole day’s study, when looking at the pets, no matter it is a loyal and cute dog or a docile and lovely cat, playing with them, children may feel relieved and transfer to a relaxing mood. People having pets all have similar pleasant feel.
Also, pets may help children keep healthy. Dogs, as we know, need to be walked every day. If keeping a dog, kids may have to walk the dog outside to the parks or the sidewalks, they will leave their seats and their bedrooms. Keeping a balance between still seating and constant moving is good for children’s health.
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students should be allowed to use calculators in a math class and during an exam.
Personally speaking, I think students should be allowed to use calculators when having the test. The main reason is that this can greatly improve the efficiency.
Some small numbers are OK. When it comes to huge numbers, such as over a hundred thousand, or even over a million and so on, sometimes it is extremely difficult for students to get the exactly accurate result just by using their mind. However, if having the calculator, no matter the plus or minus, multiply or divide, just a type, with in seconds, you can get the accurate results. It may enhance students’ efficiency. We have already created calculators, why don't we use the highly efficient machine?
4. Some people think that libraries should be quiet because of study while others think that people could do some social activities and interactions there. Which do you think is better?
Yeah, of course libraries should be quiet. Definitely. Everywhere else in the city is noisy. It’s noisy inside and outside. Libraries shouldn’t be noisy, too.
Last week I went to the library to do homework because it’s noisy at my house, but there was a group of other kids talking and laughing the whole time. I was so angry! If I can’t go to the library to find some quiet, where can I go?
I mean, I get that students want a place for activities like study groups or something. But they can do that anywhere. Like, really, anywhere. Go to a coffee shop or even just sit outside somewhere. They don’t need to come into the one place that’s supposed to be quiet.
5. Some people prefer to do shopping in large grocery stores or department stores. Others prefer to do shopping in small specialty stores. Which do you prefer and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.
As far as I am concerned, I would like to do shopping in large grocery stores or department stores, because the quality of goods in large stores is usually better than in small ones. Just some days before, I bought a mobile phone in small shop and it broke down in two days later. I Actually, usually bought things in big shops. However, that day, because of the low price, fail to resist the temptation, in the small store, I bought a mobile phone. And then it did not work in just two days. Since then, never will I shop in small stores. Therefore, as for me, I would definitely prefer to shop in large stores rather than shop in small stores.