1. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that female and male university students should have separate residence halls?
2. Do you agree or disagree that it is important for young people to learn some domestic skills like cooking, sewing and taking care of children?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If you want to succeed in business, being outgoing and friendly is very important.
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The government should forbid violence and bad language in TV programs. Use specific reasons and examples in your answer.
5. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that experienced doctors are better than young doctors?
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: it is never too late to get a degree in university.
7. Do you agree or disagree that it is important for children to learn to draw or paint?
8. Do you agree or disagree that a celebrity should set a good example for young people? Use details and examples to support your explanation.
9. Some people believe that we should not discuss the private activities of popular people, like movie stars and singers. Do you agree or disagree with this view?
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the popularity of the technology that focuses on entertainment, people read fewer books than before.
11. Some people think that with the development of technology and the Internet, libraries will disappear, while others think libraries are always necessary. Which opinion do you agree?
12. Some people believe old people should not take risks and participate in adventurous events as the young people. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
I agree/disagree that ...
I agree/disagree with the idea that ….
I agree/disagree with S + Verb-ing
Some people believe that …, but I disagree.
13. Some universities expect the students to choose a major field of study when they enter the school; while other universities wait until the second or the third year before students deciding to choose a major field of study. Which do you prefer? Why or why not?
14. Which one do you prefer? To buy the newly-released e-product as soon as possible or to wait for a while and then decide whether you want to buy it or not.
15. Some people prefer to buy new books while some people would like to buy used books, what is your opinion?
16. If you are to choose between 2 apartments to live in next semester, one apartment is near the campus but slightly expensive, the other is a little far from the campus but cheaper, which one do you prefer and why?
17. You have been very busy and unable to prepare for the exam tomorrow. You can either stay up late to study and sleepless or just study less and get full night’s sleep. Which will you choose?
18. Some people prefer sending messages while others prefer making phone calls directly. Which one do you prefer?
19. Some people prefer to give their opinions immediately. Others prefer to wait and listen to others’ opinions before giving their own. Which one do you think is better?
20. Some people prefer to finish the assignment a long time before the due date while others prefer finishing assignments right before the due date. Which one do you prefer?