1. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Nowadays, students do not respect teachers as much as they did in the past.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? It is better to spend money on traveling and vacation than save money for the future.
3. Some first year college students do not have good study habits. Some people believe that colleges should provide all of the first year students with a required course to develop their good study habits. Other people believe that providing this kind of course is unnecessary. What is your opinion and why?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past people ate food that was better for their health than they do today. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
5. Which of the following is the most important thing for a country’s leader to do to ensure the prosperity and success of the country?
1) create more jobs for the unemployed
2) improve agriculture and lower the food prices
3) provide affordable housing.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad quality for a person. But in fact, it is a good quality for a person to have.
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is easier for parents to raise children today than it was 50 years ago?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern agriculture methods damage the environment, but providing food for the growing population around the world is more important than protecting the environment. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
9. Nowadays, many movies or films are based on books. Some people prefer to read the original book before they watch the movie, other prefer to watch the movie before reading the book. Which one do you prefer?
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should limit their children’s hours of using electronic devices such as video games and televisions.