1. In order to make freshman adapt to campus life as soon as possible, which way will you recommend?
1)Attending a one-week orientation or introduction program when you are in the university campus, and it will begin before you have the classes.
2)Meeting regularly at your first year with a student in your major field who has entered the university for several years.
2. If you need to take a course, which professor's course would you like to take?
1)a professor who was voted the most popular
2)a professor who has just won an award for outstanding research
3. A lot of high school students now cheat in homework assignments, by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
1)asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
2)penalty or punishment to the students
3)asking teacher to create homework assignment that cannot be easily cheated
4. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
5. Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (5-10 years old)?
3)Being well organized
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement. It is better to make friends with intelligent people than with the people who have a good sense of humor.
7. Some companies provide important products or service, but also damage environment. Some people believe that government should require more penalty, higher tax and larger fine of these companies, while others believe there are better ways. Which do you prefer?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One quality that a successful leader must have is to make decisions quickly; when a leader takes too much time to make decisions, he will be seen as inefficient to the people he leads.
9. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to succeed, it is better to be more like others different from everybody else. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
10. Some young people (14-18) tend to divide their free time to participate in several activities, such as competitive sports, piano, and dance classes. Others prefer to focus on one activity. Which one do you think is better?
11. Many students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. Why do some students study abroad? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.
12. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons to support your opinion.
13. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
14. When parents cannot afford time to accompany with their children, they could choose to send their children to child-care center where many children are cared together; or they could send their children to an individual caregiver. Which one is better?
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern agriculture methods damage the environment, but providing food for the growing population around the world is more important than protecting the environment. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.