1. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Since the world has changed so much in the past fifty years, advice our grandparents can give us is not useful.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A university should focus more on its facilities, such as libraries. computers or laboratory. rather than on hiring famous teachers.
3. Some people say that we should always follow our dreams. even if the dreams are very ambitious. Others think that we should focus on achieving realistic goals. Which view do you agree with?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People who try to acquire more than one skill are more likely to become successful than people who just focus on one skill.
5. People often buy products not because they really need but because other people have them.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more enjoyable to have a job and work long hours for three days in a week than to work shorter hours for five days in a week.
7. What one of the following is the most important action for the government to take for the protection of natural environment?
(1) fund research on new energy sources such as solar and wind power;
(2) preserve natural places such as forests and natural wildlife species.
(3) pass and enforce laws to reduce the pollution produced by companies and industries
8. A high school has decided that all students must take a class in which they learn a practical skill. School administrators are trying to decide whether to hold a class in cooking, managing personal finances or auto repair. Which do you think the school should require students to take? Why?
9. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should require every graduation student to take public speaking courses. Give specific examples and details to support your answer.
10. More and more people are migrating to cities in search of a better life, but city life can be extremely difficult. Explain some of the difficulties of living in a city. How can governments make urban life better for everyone?
11. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People benefit more from travelling in their own country than travelling in a foreign country.
12. Out of the following three things, which one would you prefer to regulate in order to improve your health?
1)The kind of food you eat 2)The amount of exercise 3)The amount of stress in your life.
13. It is important to read and watch news presented by people whose views are different from our own than read and watch views presented by people whose views are similar to our own.
14. The international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. To what extent do you think its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages?
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important investment for a big company is to improve the efficiency and proficiency of its employees.
16. When parents cannot afford time to accompany with their children, they could choose to send their children to child-care center where many children are cared together; or they could send their children to an individual caregiver. Which on is better?