1. A high school has decided that all students must take a class in which they learn a practical skill. School administrators are trying to decide whether to hold a class in cooking, managing personal finances or auto repair. Which do you think the school should require students to take? Why?
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should require every graduation student to take public speaking courses. Give specific examples and details to support your answer.
3. More and more people are migrating to cities in search of a better life, but city life can be extremely difficult. Explain some of the difficulties of living in a city. How can governments make urban life better for everyone?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People benefit more from travelling in their own country than travelling in a foreign country.
5. Out of the following three things, which one would you prefer to regulate in order to improve your health?
1)The kind of food you eat 2)The amount of exercise 3)The amount of stress in your life.
6. It is important to read and watch news presented by people whose views are different from our own than read and watch views presented by people whose views are similar to our own.
7. The international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. To what extent do you think its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important investment for a big company is to improve the efficiency and proficiency of its employees.
9. When parents cannot afford time to accompany with their children, they could choose to send their children to child-care center where many children are cared together; or they could send their children to an individual caregiver. Which on is better?
10. Which one is the most important for teacher?
1.ability to give advice about planning for future.
2.ability to recognize students that need help 3. ability to encourage students learn outside the classroom by themselves
11. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to succeed, it is better to be more like others different from everybody else. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
12. Do you agree or disagree? Attending a live performance is more enjoyable than watching the event on TV.
13. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is easier for parents to raise children today than it was 50 years ago.
14. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to have rules about the types of clothing that people wear at work and at school.