1 (A). My son was the smartest. (B). We were shown the way by the boy.
(C). It was a sunny day . (D). Some of them were bright.
2. (A). I made a phone call . (B). I read the meter.
(C). I got some change. (D). I paid the bill.
3. (A). Some of the milk was stored.
(B). She brought some milk at the store .
(C).The milk spilled on the floor.
(D). She sent him to the store for some milk.
4. (A). Do you know where the office is?
(B). Why don’t you look for an office job?
(C). I wouldn’t recommend that you work on Main Street.
(D). I think I have seen you working at the post office .
5. (A). We would have stayed if they had asked.
(B). they took out the weeds today.
(C). They wanted us to stay .
(D). They asked me on Wednesday.
6. (A). Virginia has to complete her courses this year.
(B). Virginia goes to class because attendance is required.
(C). Virginia must leave the university soon
(D). Virginia will finish the required courses this year .
7. (A). I felt fine until this morning.
(B). Today I didn’t know where my umbrella was .
(C). This morning I couldn’t find Bella.
(D). I found my umbrella easily.
8. (A). Cheryl has many talents.
(B). Cheryl’s experience is limited to the arts.
(C). Cheryl kept her promise .
(D). Cheryl knows several athletes and musicians.
9. (A). I must have dropped it. (B). I will have to get some more ink .
(C). I will bring it in again. (D). I will try another color.
10. (A). The dam was built to catch rain.
(B). The dam was designed for preventing floods.
(C). The rain filled the dam.
(D). The rain destroyed the dam .
11. (A). The students failed to complete the courses.
(B). They fulfilled the course requirements.
(C). The room was full of students .
(D). They all passed the exam in that class.