1.The subtitle of Mary Shelley's gothic masterpiece Frankenstein; or, The ModernPrometheus refers to a mythical Greek character, he stole fire from the gods.
(A) character, he stole
(B) character who stole ,.
(C) character, who having stolen
(D) character, whose stealing
(E).character to have stolen
E. 与前面部分衔接就是“the subtitle refers to—character to havestolen, 导致to have done的逻辑主语是subtitle，且逻辑混乱。
2. When the weather was nice, Lisa was more likely to walk thantaking the bus because the route to herschool took her through a beautiful park.
(A)was more likely to walk than taking
(B)was more likely to walk than to take
(C)being more likely to walk insteadof taking
(D)is more likely walking thantaking
(E)is more likely to walk as take
A. than前后分别为to do和doing，不平行;
B. than前后都是to do，平行，且符合be likely to do固定搭配;
D. 时态错误，违反整句过去的基调，且be likely doing不存在;
E. 时态错误，且违反more –than固搭，不存在more—as.
3. Considered among the best in their fields, Dr. Johnson and Dr.Vasquez work as the personal physician to the president.
(A) work as the personal physician
(B) works as personal physician
(C) work as personal physicians
(D) working as the personal physicians
(E) has worked as personal physician
4. Grammatically, Sanskrit, the language of classical literary andreligious texts in India, it resembles other early Indo-Europeanlanguages such as ancient Greek and Latin.
(A) it resembles
(B) it resembled
(E) which resembled
A. Sanskrit是主语，the language of—部分对主语进行补充，可以先放在一边，如此选项中的it就是多余，它与之前的主语构成双主语错误;
E. which从句一直跟到句尾，导致主句缺乏谓语 。
5. In a typical restaurant kitchen, thechef ranks above the sous-chef, which is usually responsible for supervising the line cooks, who do the actual cooking.
(A) which is usually responsible for supervising
(B) which is usually responsible tosupervise
(C) whose usual responsibility is they supervise
(D) who is usually responsible to supervise
(E) who is usually responsible for supervising
B. 同上，且be responsible for才是正确搭配;
D. 同B, 固定搭配错误;
6.Many people who are interested in adopting a dog do notconsider greyhounds, they mistakenly believe that greyhounds requiremore exercise than most dogs.
(A) do not consider greyhounds,they mistakenly believe
(B) did not consider greyhoundswith a mistaken belief
(C) do not consider greyhounds becausethey mistakenly believe
(D) and have not considered greyhounds in that they mistakenly believed
(E) had not considered greyhounds because of mistakenly believing
D. and多余，且时态错误;in that相当于because,但若两者同时出现，后者优先;
E. 时态错误，且because of后不接doing, 斌哥让你死记住就好，这是绝杀项。
7. Once near extinction in thecontinental United States, stronger environmental protection benefited baldeagles, and they are no longer considered an endangered species. .
(A) stronger environmental protectionbenefited bald eagles, and they are
(B) stronger environmental protectionbenefited the bald eagle, which is
(C) bald eagles benefited from stronger environmental protection and are
(D) bald eagles benefited from stronger environmental protection, they are
(E) but bald eagles benefited from stronger environmental protection, andthey are
A. nearlyextinction的发出者是bald eagles,逻辑主语错误。
8. Contrary to popular myth, manypeople enjoy working and even report higher levels of satisfaction during work hours than during leisure time.
(A) and even report
(B) but who also report
(C) as well as even reporting
(D) but even reporting
(E) which they even report
A. enjoy和report平行结构，表示workers在working hours所表现出的两个动作，正确;
9. When the two long-standing rivals finally met, tension was created not only by what they said but also what they did not say.
(A) but also what they did not say
(B) but also what was not said
(C) but also by what they did not say
(D) and by what they did not say
(E) and what was not said by them
A. butalso后缺少by，不能与not only by平行，错误;
D. 违反了固定搭配not only—but also
10. Music seems to be universal, which exists in some formin all humancultures.
(A) which exists
(B) where it exists
(C) it exists
E. 简化后目标选项结构为SVO,doing.Doing动作必须主语发出，此题刚好是music发出，后面的短语对前面句子表示补充说明的感觉，对!除了这种逻辑，还有因果关系也可以使用这个结构。如I was late,making my teacher angry.
11. Some scientists believe that the number of stars in the universe havebeen seriously underestimated and may be as much as three times greater than previouslythought.
(A) have been
(B) having been
(C) has been
(E) to be .
A. havebeen对应的主语为the number of——，一定接单数，应 改成has been;
注：此题综合考察为thenumber of的用法，the number of+可数名词复数+单数谓语，表示。。的数量，重心在number这个词上;a number of+可数名词复数+复数谓语，表示许多。。。，重心在of后面的名词上。为低难度。