1. Children today are difficult to concentrate or pay attention in schools. What do you think causes this problem? What’s the solutions?
Schools, which have been supposed to be imparting knowledge and shaping characters, have been less of a focus, if not totally ignored by children. The reasons are multiple and accordingly the solutions are varied.
2. Some people think job satisfaction is more important than job security. Other people think one should find a permanent job. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Recently, there has arisen a heated debate over the relative importance of job satisfaction and job security, with some people claiming that job satisfaction is an important element of individual well-being because most people spend a major part of their adult life at work while others contending that a permanent job contributes to job security.
3. Some people think interview is the basic form of selecting procedure for most large companies, while others think it is unreliable and there are some other better methods. Discuss both opinions and give your own idea.
It has been a wide-spreading method for many large companies to select potential employees through interviews. Nevertheless, the reliability of this means is among some people’s consideration and they suggest there exist other superior ways in completing the process of selection.
4. In some countries, the criminal trials are shown on TV and the general public can watch them. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
It is a common phenomenon that we are surrounded by crime reports transmitted by a variety of media audits like television. Some believe that it is likely to impose negative impact on our society. Personally, whether such publicity of violent scenes is positive or negative is still under question.
5. Some people think living in big cities is bad for people’s health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
In this modern society, it is common that an increasing number of people prefer to live in big cities. However, whether living in big cities is harmful to human’s health has become a controversial issue. I believe that there are more disadvantages than the advantages.