1) With the rapid improvement in.../growing awareness of..., more and more.../sth....
(e.g. With the considerable improvement in building industry, more and more structures are being erected to set the people's minds at ease.)
2) Recently, sth./the problem of...has been brought to popular attention/ has become the focus of public concern. A
(e.g. Recently, the problem of unemployment has been brought to such popular attention that governments at all levels place it on the agenda as the first matter.)
3) One of the universal issues we are faced with/that cause increasing concern is that...
(e.g. One of the universal issues that draw (cause) growing concern is whether it is wise of man to have invented the automobile.)
4) In the past few years, there has been a boom/sharp growth/decline in.. .
(e.g. In the past ten years, there has been a sharp decline in the number of species.) 5) Nowadays, more/most important/dangerous for our society is...
(e.g. Nowadays, most dangerous for our society is the tendency to take advantage of each other in political circles.)
6) According to the information given in the table/graph, we can find that...
7) As can be seen from the table/graph/figure, there is a marked increase /decline/favorable (an unfavorable) change in...
8) As we can see from the table/graph/figure above, drastic/considerable/ great changes have taken place in...over the period of time from...(年份)to...( 年份)
9) The table/graph shows that there is a(n) declining/increasing trend of ...from...(年份) to...(年份)
10) Anyone who takes a closer look at the data in the table/graph can be surprised to find that...
1) According to/In the opinion(eye) of/From the viewpoint of some (those) people, the issue in question is...
(e.g. In the opinion of some old people, traditional modes of thought are the touchstone by which to tell good from bad.)
2) Hit (Confronted/Faced/Seized/Stuck/Haunted/Cursed/Overcome/Infatuated) with..., some people tend to...
(e.g. Haunted with sad memories, some people are apt to take a gloomy view on life.)
3) In (the) event (face/case/course/time/view) of..., some people usually ...
(e.g. In the course of human struggle for survival, quite a few people always direct their eyes to its dark side.)
4) As is stated (shown/suggested/listed/illustrated) in.../According to a recent (the latest) report (survey/quetionaire/study/scientific research), the issue in question really...(there are quite a lot of people who...)
(e.g. As is shown in a recent questionaire, there are a large number of people who express greater dissatisfaction than satisfaction at the general mood of society.)
5) In our daily life (activities/social contact)/In reality/Actually, man y people respond/react to the issue in question by...
(e.g. In reality, most people respond to evil-doing by avoiding it whenever possible.)
6) A good case in point is (can be best provided by) that of... (e.g. A good case in point is that of a businessman who makes money by fair means or foul.
7) Just consider/think of the matter/case of...
(e.g. Just consider the matter of raising flowers that are delicate and sensitive to watering.)
8) In the course of..., for example, there is/are...
(e.g. In the course of coping with worries in life, for example, there is an art to what way you take.)[HJ*4/7]
9) Take...for example(或Take, for example,...)A (e.g. Take foot racing (for example), it is a sport in which endurance and strong finish is often more important.)
10) As a(n) example (of...)/illustration (of...)/case in point, let's take/see/consider/follow/cite...
1) Some (people) argue/claim/believe/hold that... But others set (put) forth a different argument about/oppositive views on the matter in question.
(e.g. Some claim that setting off firecrackers is a good practice of celebrating the Spring Festival. ...But others put forth opposite views on the problem. )
2) Some (people) advocate/endorse/favor/are for (或oppose/object to/are against)... Yet others stick to/hold on to/cling to the opposite views/argument/points.
(e.g. Some advocate changes intended to modernize the building code. ...Yet others hold on to the opposite views.)
3) To some people's mind/From some people's point of view/In the eye(s) o f some people, the matter in question is/seems/should be/means...But to others' mind/from others' point of view/in others' eyes, it is just/quite the other way around/contrary/opposite(或the opposite/reverse is the case/true.) (e.g. To some people's mind, reading should be done in a selective way. ...But to others', it is just the other way around.)
4) Some (people) respond/react to...by...But others behave/act in the other direction/in the opposite way.
(e.g. Some people respond to failure by remaining inactive or avoiding it...But others behave in the opposite way.)
5) Some take the view that...And/But on the other hand, others argue for the opposite view that...
(e.g. Some are of the view that institutions mould characters. ...And on the other hand, others argue for the opposite view that characters transform institutions.)
1) It is true/There is no need to deny that...But it does not mean... (e.g. There is no need to deny that recreational services have added variety to our social life. ...But it does not mean leaving them to take their own courses.)
2) Although it is widely believed that..., it can not stand close/cold scrutiny/analysis/examination.
3) Admittedly/True/Obviously/Indeed, the issue in question. ... But one basic/vital fact is being left out of our analysis/consideration, namely/that is,... (e.g. Admittedly, the official figures and stat istics show that much improvement has been made in people's living standards. ... But one vital fact is being left out of our analysis, namely a growing gap between the rich and the poor. )
4) Those in favor of the issue in question argue/contend/hold/maintain/claim that...But what they fail to consider/analyze/see/find out is that...
(e.g. Those in favor of euthanasia contend that its practice can benefit both the patient and his
family. ...But what they fail to consider is that euthanasia may be taken advantage of for some evil or hidden purposes.)
5) Superficially/On the surface/At first glance(thought)/In appearance, the issue in question seems...But in fact(on second thoughts/on close examination/in substance),...
(e.g. At first glance, the western-type democracy seems superior to any other types. ...But on second thoughts, it does not entitle every citizen of the same nation to the equal freedom to act.)
1) To prevent this phenomenon/trend from worsening/running wide/To guide the matter/situation to the best advantage, it is necessary/important to...(可用于分析建议类、原因分析类等议论文)
2) In the face of...some people take the position that.../some people come to believe that..., to which I can't attach/add my consent.(可用于批驳分析类议论文)
或：In the face of...people retain/take/show/assume different attitudes/position s/standpoints.(可用于各抒己见类议论文)
或：In the face of...many people have come up with...(可用于对比分析类议论文和知识性说明文等)
3) But many people feel puzzled about/perplexed at/over whelmed with...(the changes/situation), so this essay is intended to...(可用于批驳分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
4) Although lots of people follow the fashion/trend, I still set my heart on...(可用于理由陈述类议论文)
5) To get a sense of how...we must turn first to causes for it/to what benefit (harm/problems/difference) it has brought to our society.(可用于分析建议和原因分析类议论文)
6) This is a (n) favorable/unfavorable/unhealthy/essential/marked/grateful change/tendency/situation, but factors/causes/reasons for it are not hard to find(或but its appearance/existence derives from a variety of factors). (用于原因分析类议论文)
7) The progress/improvement/change(s) in...is(are) really
tremendous/remarkable/prodigious/marvelous, so it is necessary to understand (see) what it (they) illustrate (s)/prove(s)/account(s) for.(用于原因分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
8) A comparison between these changes may be a good way to learn more about...(可用于对比说明文)
9) More insight/inspiration/truth/thought can be deduced from these changes.(可用于知识性说明文)