A) in particular B) in harmony C) in doubt D) in brief
2. Critics believe that the control of television by mass advertising has ______ the quality of the programs.
A) lessened B) declined C) affected D) effected
3. I must congratulate you ______ the excellent design of the new bridge.
A) with B) of C) at D) on
4. There is a fully ______ health center on the ground floor of the main office building.
A) installed B) equipped C) provided D) projected
5. For more than 20 years, we've been supporting educational programs that _____ from kindergartens to colleges.
A) move B) shift C) range D) spread
6. The ______ at the military academy is so rigid that students can hardly bear it.
A) convention B) confinement C) principle D) discipline
7. The test results are beyond______; they have been repeated in labs all over the world.
A) negotiation B) conflict C) bargain D) dispute
8. I was so ______in today's history lesson. I didn’t understand a thing.
A) amazed B) neglected C) confused D) amused
9. It ______ you to at least 50% off the regular price of either frames or lenses when you buy both.
A) presents B) entitles C) credits D) tips
10. Deserts and high mountains have always been a ______ to the movement of people from place to place.
A) barrier B) fence C) prevention D) jam
11. In order to make things convenient for the people, the department is planning to set up some ______ shops in the residential area.
A) flowing B) drifting C) mobile D) unstable
12. Mr. Smith says: "The media are very good at sensing a mood and then ______ it."
A) overtaking B) enlarging C) widening D) exaggerating
13. This is not an economical way to get more water; ______, it is very expensive.
A) on the other hand B) on the contrary C) in short D) or else
14. It was the first time that such a ______had to be taken at a British nuclear power station.等到