Increasing travels between countries enable people to learn different cultures or to increase tension between people from different countries?
· 游客或者移民都具备经济利益和价值(commercial interest and economic value); 而外同人的停留时间是和东道国的合作密切相关的(The length of stay depends on the cooperation of the host society.);很多当地人因此表现得非常好客和友好，这有助于文化的交流(Many local people are very friendly and hospitable, which promote the cultural communications.);
· 对其他的文化和人民更为了解(a better understanding of other cultures and other peoples),改变人们对其他民族和文化的态度(alter one's attitudes towards another people or culture);人们因此可以接受不同的文化和价值观(embrace different values and cultures),可以和平共处(create motivation to coexist peacefully), 并促进对"多元文化的理解 (promote multi-cultural understanding);
· 促进文化的融合(promote integration),消除文化障碍(remove cultural barriers), 外来人口的增加导致冲突：
· 违反当地的习俗会激怒当地人(breach of local customs can irritate the locals);
· 不同文化的人看待同一事物总有不同的角度(harbour different perceptions),并给予不同的解释(different interpretations)，比如对手势、衣服、言行举止有不同的理解;举止不当会引起当地人意想不到的反应(provoke unanticipated responses);
·外国游客增多会对当地环境造成压力，甚至破坏环境，而移民增多可能导致工作机会减少，致使竞争更加激烈，这些都有可能引起当地人的反感(cause resentment in local communities).
Globalization is a catch-all term that refers to any activity that involves more than one country, for example, travel from one country to another. The dramatic increase in transnational travel in recent years has sparked controversy over the potential impacts of this trend on individual countriesf especially those new member states of globalization. Some people are concerned that the upsurge in new arrivals will prompt local hostility against visitors instead of promoting their understanding on mutual cultural background. This notion should be rejected as one can see many facts in favor of this development between countries.
The first reason why international travels would never bring conflict is rooted in the fact that both visitors and locals are economically motivated. International travel opens up opportunities for business development throughout the world. Entrepreneurs are interested not only in the domestic market but also in the oversea market. Foreigners should learn the culture of a country before winning over the local people. In turn, locals should show their hospitality to visitors in exchange for their trust. They share a view that acceptance of each other's cultural background is a necessary condition for cooperation.
Understanding a culture has other implications. Differences in social background, cultural values and religious belief might make the discrepancy of foreigners and local inhabitants on some issues indelible; however, the higher interaction, the higher level of communication and understanding. Arabians, for example, used to consider westerners as their foes. Now they have concrete relations with their western allies in many fields. In the initial stage, their divergence seemed
inherent but over time, with better mutual understanding, they take the same position on many issues.
Undeniably, it is likely that in some resorts, foreign visitors repel the local community with their scant regard for the local environment and conventions when they first arrive. However, it should be noted that most offense is accidental, rather than intentional. Instead, visitors disobey rules and conventions simply because they have no knowledge of them. This situation is expected to be improved with the passing of time when visitors from different countries increase their knowledge of a local culture.
According to the above analysis, we can observe that the increase in the international travel should not be taken as the cause of any conflict that arises between two countries. Alternatively, one should recognize its role in improving mutual understanding between two countries.