1.Childrencan learn effectively from watching television. Therefore, some people thinkchildren should be encouraged to watch television regularly both at home and atschool. Do you agree or disagree?
2.It has been suggested that all young adultsshould be required to undertake a period of unpaid work to help the people inthe community. Would the drawbacks be greater than benefits to the communityand the young adults themselves?
3. Some languages are increasing in use, whilemany others are declining. Do you think this is a positive or negativedevelopment?
4. It is important to preserve both the cultureand environment of the places you visit, but some people think it is impossibleto be a responsible tourist. Do you agree or disagree?
5. Advertising are encouraging consumers to buy inquantities instead of promoting quality. To what extend do you agree ordisagree?
6. Many museums and historical sites are mainlyvisited by tourists, not local people. Why is this case? What can be done toattract local people to visit museums and historical sites?
7. Anincreasing number of people change their careers in their life time. What arethe causes? Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?
8.Some people think the rise of the standard ofliving benefits cities more than rural areas. What problems will it causes? Howto reduce the situation?
9. Somepeople think it is the best way for governments in developing countries toimprove the quality of people’s life by introducing new technology, whileothers believe governments should provide free education for better life.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Children spend long time studying in school and afterschool. What are the positive or negative effects on children and society they livein?
11.Nowadays, many people aim to achieve the balance betweentheir work and lives. But few people achieve it. What are the causes of theproblems? How to overcome it?
12. With the large demand ofenergy sources of oil and gas，should people looking for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such area?
13. In many parts of theworld, children and teenagers are committing more crimes. What do you think arethe causes? How should children or teenagers be punished?
14. People can live andwork anywhere they want to choose, because of improved communication technologyand transport. Do the advantages of this development outweigh disadvantages?