1. New homes constructed in a certain region from 1999 to 2002 ( New home by types).
2. The charts below show the percentages of boys and girls taking part in different culture activities and sports activities in Australia in 2003.
3. The bar chart below gives a breakdown of young students in six different universities within two years.
4. The percentage of people using the Internet to do activities in one UK city in 2007 and 2009.
1. Today there is a great increase in anti-social behavior and lack of respect to others. What are the causes of this? What can be done to reduce it?
2. A recent newspaper article reports that a 14-year-old boy who seriously destroyed his school got a punishment to clean streets instead of sent to the prison, do you think this is right? Or the young criminals should be sent to the jail.
3. Many people are afraid to leave their homes because of their fear of crime. Some people believe that more actions should be taken to prevent crime, but others feel that little can be done. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. In most countries, prison is an effective solution to the problem of crime. Some people think it is a more effective solution to provide education for those who violate the law. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Which is a better place for the aged, home or nursing home?
6. The proportion of aging population in some countries is increasing currently, which causes many unpredictable effects on both individuals as well as the society. What are the effects on both sides?
7. In many countries women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first month after the birth of their baby. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?
8. In many countries women are able to join the armed forces now on the equal basis of men. However, some people think only men should be members of the army, navy and Air Force. Do you agree or disagree?
9. A large number of young people are leaving school and cannot find a job. What problems will youth unemployment cause in individual and for society? What measures should be taken to reduce the level of unemployment among young people?
10. Today’s children are living under more pressure from the society than children in the past. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?