1. Is there any special meaning behind your name?
2. What’s your name?
3. Why do you get this name?
4. Is there a certain name that is popular in China?
5. Is the name important to Chinese people?
6. Are you a student or at work?
7. What are you studying for?
8. Can you tell me something about your student life?
9. What’s your job?
10. What are you responsible for?
11. Do you study part-time while working?
12. What are the subjects you study?
13. What’s your major?
14. Why do people have worked think school life is happy?
15. Do you think people should get paid when they are required to work on weekends?
16. How do you spend your weekend?
17. Do you read a lot in your spare time?
18. Has anyone sent you a book before?
19. Tell me something about your campus life in leisure time?
20. What kinds of activities do Chinese people like for relaxation?
21. Why do people need leisure? Is it important?
22. Do you like watching TV in spare time? What kinds of programs do you like?
23. What are the ways to relax yourself?
24. What do you usually do in the evening?
25. Do the people have more time to relax now?
26. Do you read a lot of books in your childhood?
27. What kind of shopping do you like?
Do you like to go to picnics?
28. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
29. Have you ever played any musical instrument?
30. Do you think children can benefit from listening to music?
31. What are the features of your hometown?
32. What’s special about your hometown?
33. What are some of the changes that have taken place in your hometown?
34. Do you like the city you live in?
Apartment and House
35. Do you like the place you currently live in?
36. How is your relationship with your neighbors?
37. What can you see out of your windows?
38. Describe your flat or house
39. What is your taste of clothes?
40. When do you wear suits?
41. Which style of arts do you like and why?
42. What do you think about arts? Are they important?
43. Do you usually go to a music hall or museum? Why?
44. What’s your favorite art, such as painting or sculpture?
45. What kind of advertisements do you like?
What kind of weather do you like most?(and why?)
What is the typical weather in your city?
Do you listen to the weather forecast?
Do you like traveling? Why?
Which city have you been to?
Do you like traveling abroad? Which nation would you like to go? Why?
Why do you choose the school or university you are studying in now?
Describe the day when you first arrived at your school or university.
Is swimming popular in your hometown?
Where do people in your hometown go for swimming?
What benefits can swimming brings us?
Describe a person you have lived with
Describe a person who recently lived with your family
Describe an elder person you know and admire
Do people like to be old?
Do elder people need to be educated?
Is there any lesson for elder people?
Describe someone who will visit your family.
When you visit a place, where do you prefer to stay in a hotel or stay in other people’s house?
What kind of service do you want to have in a hotel?
What should be improved in a hotel?
What is the culture of your country in treating guests? What is the difference between this culture then and now?
What do you think about the trend of treating guests in your country?
Describe someone who visited your family.
How do you treat your visitor?
Is it convenient to live in your friend’s house?
What is the difference between living a hotel and living in your friend’s house?
Describe a shop you like going
What’s the difference between shopping in a supermarket and in a grocery store?
Do you think that cash will not be need to pay for the goods in the future?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of paying by credit cards?
Why men don’t like shopping?
Describe a city you lived or visited
Describe a library
Describe a place you have visited which can help people to learn history
How does this place affect people?
How do people in your country learn history?
Why do some graduates and adults forget their country’s history easily?
Describe a polluted place
What is the most common pollution now? Any improvement?
What actions should the government do to solve the pollution problem?
What is your opinion?
Describe the best tourist attraction in China
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the people who live there?
A book you read in your childhood
A special meal
A strange meal
Talk about your favorite film
What kind of movie is popular in China? Why?
What is the difference between Chinese movie and foreign movies?
What do you learn from watching movies?
Do you think it is important for a movie to be advertised?
If foreign movies without advertisement, will it still be so success?
Do you think a movie will be success without advertisement? If yes, why?
What kind of people prefer to watch foreign movies than Chinese Movies in China? Why?
A TV programme you don't like
Describe a letter or card you received
How do you think the role of card playsin communication?
What's the difference between a card and a present?
What's the role of literacy?
Describe sth you made yourself
Describe sth old which is kept in your family
What do people in china send others as gifts?
Describe how you spent your last weekend.
Describe a happy event when you were a child
Describe a happy visit
Describe a public event.
Why are people interested in doing something special?
Which way of relaxation do you like?
Some people think that having a family event will waste a lot of money, what is your opinion?
Describe a trip that didn’t go as planned.
Describe a life event that happened recently.
What family event can make you happy?
Do you think money can bring happiness?
What can make people happy when they are old?
Describe a Science lesson you have taken before
Do you like this lesson?
Why do you like this lesson?
Do you think you learned a lot in this lesson?
Describe a course you would like to take
Describe an interesting story you watched on TV
Describe an important conversation
Describe an important stage of your life
Tell me one case of traffic jam you have ever met.
What do you think is the difference between in the bus or in the car when you are in a traffic jam?
What actions can be taken to solve this problem? Why?
How to prevent people buying private cars?
How to promote road conditions?
How to transfer people's awareness of doing something helpful to the society?
How do you make a success?
How should we define success?
Is result more important than process when you pursue success?
Does success lead to stress?