Describe a place you visited to learn another culture
You should say:
Where you went
What you learned
How you learned
And explain how you felt about the culture
2. A mysterious ritual of sky burial
3. Many years ago , my friends and I took a trip to Tibet . The view there isincredible, and the culture is fascinating . During our trip , I was obsessed with theirexotic culture . I had learned a phrase ‘sky burial ‘ ,which aroused my interest , so Idecided to witness it before I set back home .It took us 4 hours to take a ride to the top of the mountain, which was chosen for thissacred ritual. I was startled by what I saw , many dead bodies laid on the grass fieldexposed to the cruel sun, a man , known as high priest ,was using a dagger to cut theflesh ,open the cavity and then let it expose to the nature and a group of vulturesalready staring at their feast .it’sbrutal , I have to admit , about 10 minutes , the body was gobbled ,and only somehard chewing bones remained .but that was not the end of this tragedy . the priestdragged this remaining corpse apart ,then used a hammer to smash the skull , teethand some other remaining bones , and the process lasted for minutes , until it totallybecame a bunch of ashes .
4. I was terrified about what I just witnessed ,and in my opinion ,it’s disgraceful tothe deceased, didn’t they deserve a propitiate ,respectful funeral ?But to the local residents , that was the way to heaven . in their culture , after death ,people need to return their flesh and bones to the god for the peace in the heaven . itsounds bizarre , but I learned something from it . life is fairly short , composed ofthose fleeting moment , in life , valuable years are not as many as weexpected .money and social status are not so important as we value , when it’s yourtime , you will be gone with wind , like the ritual I witnessed .
Describe a park/garden you visited and liked
You should say:
The name of the park
Where it is
What it looks like
And explain how you feel about the garden
1. shanghai century park
2. it is located in PuDong new area .It serves as the oasis to this great city ,which isalready occupied by the modern skyscrapers and prosperous city business centers . itis built to be the largest park in the city , as a landmark with great attractions and
nature beauty , it attracts millions of tourists every year . it is masterminded by thebrilliantdesigners. In the park, seven scenic areas such as the Rural Field Area, LakeArea and Woodland Lawn Area, as well as 45 scenic spots such as the CenturyFlower Bell, Mirror Lake and High Column Fountain have been built. And it is alsoequipped with 13 participatory recreation projects such as a children's park, leisurebicycles, sightseeing buses, boat trips, a fishing area and a Pigeon Recreation Zone,along with coffee bars and restaurants.
3. it’s a great place for people to touch nature , enjoy the peaceful moments oflife .in the morning , local residents usually go there to do morning exercise , onweekends , it’s always a good place for families to have fun .
4. many years ago, I lived in a nearby neighborhood . at that time , I went there fromtime to time . every year’s flower exhibition and the yearly incredible firework showduring the spring festival are always my favorites.
it’s a good place to meet friends .For me , it’s always a pleasure to hang out withmy friends there , doing some outdoor activities , having fun in those theme parks . bythe way , it is a great choice for picnic , if you want to have a meal outdoor in some friendly environment, then Century park is the one.