Arguments for zoos:
1. Preserve the rare species/endangered animals/wildlife. The habitats of some animals are being destroyed and therefore they are in real danger of dying out. Provide better conditions and professional care and treatment.
2. Act as an ideal scientific research center. Conduct experiments.
3. Play an educational role. Enrich our knowledge and widen our horizon.
4. As a tourist attraction, zoos boost the local tourism and generate tourist dollars by attracting people for a visit.
5. As a place of entertainment and recreation.
Arguments for tourism:
1. Boost the local economy, increase the government revenue, earn foreign currency and improve the living standard of the locals. Relieve the pressure of unemployment.
2. Enhance mutual understanding, remove hostility and prejudice, promote good will and strengthen ties. Maintain world peace.
3. Showcase the brilliant culture and glorious history. Promote cross-cultural communication. Improve the image of a place. Increase reputation and upgrade the status in the international community.
4. Improve the living environment and better the basic facilities. Increase investment in infrastructure.
Improve the quality of the locals. Expose them to the outside world. Widen their vision and develop a broader mind.
经济原则：money-saving; economical; affordable; reduced commuting fees; lower travel costs; less money spent on infrastructure
时效原则：a time-saver; flexible; convenient; work and study at anytime and anywhere; make full use of odd time; study while working; accessibility
健康原则：enjoy adequate sleep; not need to hurry to school or work; have a healthy meal; free from stress during commuting
情感原则：more time spent with family; more communication with family members
环保原则：less car emission; reduced traffic congestion; less consumption of gasoline
1. 经济原则：unaffordable; have no Internet access; money spent on equipment
2.时效原则：low efficiency; required self-discipline and self-motivation; disrupt normal family life
3.健康原则：lead a sedentary life; lead to obesity; be exposed to radiation
4.情感原则：lack face-to-face communication with peers; have a limited social network; cannot enjoy real life friendship
5.心理原则：feel isolated, depressed and helpless; become introverted, unsociable and frustrated; self-centered。