Dear Sir or Madam,
As someone who has travelled throughout Asia on business and holiday I would like to give my opinion on its environmental impact. Having visited Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia I understand that tourism can bring money to developing countries. However, this money often goes into the pockets of foreign investors, and only rarely benefits local people. Multinational hotel chains also have little regard for the surrounding wildlife when they build new resorts. This can cause many problems.
In view of these facts we, as tourists, can directly affect these countries in a positive way if we are thoughtful. When we visit these countries we can visit restaurants, bars and even hotels that are owned by local people. In addition, we can refuse to give Iuxury resorts our patronage and therefore prevent them from becoming even larger. Most importantly we should check that any tours or excursions we take have minimal effect on the natural surroundings. Finally, we can even attempt to change the behaviour of other tourists by sharing our opinions.
If we follow these simple steps we can be sure that our pleasure is not causing any harm to people or places that we visit.
* I am writing to express my views concerning…
* I would like to suggest that…
* I am writing in reply to …
* I am writing with my suggestion about…
* May I suggest that…
* In my opinion, I would say…
* I would be more happy to see improvements in this regard.
* I would be ready to discuss this matter to further details.
* I trust you will take my suggestion into account.
* I hope you will find these suggestions/proposals/recommendations are helpful/practical/useful/beneficial.
arrange concern condition
consider for the sake of improve
in my opinion matter out of the question
prevent propose regard
schedule suggest unsatisfactory