A Task 2 questions often ask you to Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Here's how I structure a 4-paragraph essay for this kind of question:
1. Introduction (2 sentences):
· First introduce the topic. I often begin with the phrase "People have different views about...".
· In the second sentence, mention both views and your own opinion. I often use the word "although" in this sentence e.g. Although there are good arguments in favour of..., I personally believe that...
2. The first view
3. The second view (I make it clear that I agree with this view)
4. Conclusion: summarise both views and your own opinion
B 一个discuss both views
Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
And here's my plan for the second view (one paragraph only):(注意只是关于一方观点的主体段)
1. Topic sentence - only study useful subjects, various reasons
2. Give examples of subjects that are more useful than others
3. Personal reasons - job opportunities, career progression, high salary
4. Societal reasons - cover gaps in knowledge / skills in the economy
5. Future reason - new inventions lead to growth and future prosperity
Now here's the paragraph that I wrote with my students, using this plan:
(1) There are various reasons why people may believe that universities should only offer subjects that will be useful in the future. (2) It is true that university courses like medicine, engineering and information technology are more likely to be beneficial than certain art degrees. (3) From a personal perspective, these courses can provide more job opportunities, career progression, better salaries, and therefore an improved quality of life for students who take them. (4) On the societal level, by forcing people to choose the most useful university subjects, governments can ensure that any knowledge and skill gaps in the economy are covered. (5) Finally, a focus on technology in higher education could lead to new inventions, economic growth, and greater future prosperity.
To write this 'band 9' paragraph, we simply turned the 5 points in the plan into 5 full sentences.
C his is a Sample Body Paragraph Structure for this type of essay.
C 注意看，这即是一个他所推荐的回答discuss both views型题目的标准5句主体段模板。
View 1: (Paragraph supporting the opposite view)
sentence 1 - Topic sentence of View 1.
sentence 2 Supporting sentence (idea and explanation)
sentence 3 Example
sentence 4 Supporting sentence (idea and explanation)
sentence 5 Supporting sentence (idea and explanation)
Don’t mention view 2 in this paragraph. Write a separate paragraph for this with the same format.