Key Words & Expressions
commute to work/school
"How long is the commute/journey?"
"My commute to-and-from work is half an hour."
"It can be a gruelling trip/journey."
upgrade our skills
staring at phone
block out the noise
"We can plan ahead on the subway."
1. Had to reach into the backseat for a bag you needed and not been able to grasp it.
2. Stopped to get coffee even though you could get it for free at the office.
And then ended up waiting in the longest line the world has ever known.
3. Spilled said coffee on yourself.
4. Dropped your phone into the abyss between the seat and the door...
5. ...and then hunted for it in vain for way too long.
How do things just disappear?
6. Rehearsed a presentation you were giving later out loud, to yourself.
This presentation will be your opus.
7. In the summer, blasted the AC but kept the window down because you knew you'd be stuck inside all day.
8. Made eye contact for a little longer than necessary with a fellow driver.
9. Cut someone off in traffic near your office...and realized too late that it was your boss.
Today's gonna be a good day.
10. Sat in the car until the song you were playing was over.
Because somehow it would feel cruel to turn it off halfway through?
11. Checked your reflection in your car window in the work parking lot and caught your co-worker seeing you do it.
Shake it off!