1. What's your name?
2. Does your name have any special meaning?
3. Where were you come from?
4. What kind of landscape surrounds your hometown?
5. What is the main crop in your hometown?
6. What is the difference between Beijing and your hometown?
7. What are the main places of interest in your hometown?
8. What is the climate like in your hometown?
9. What is the character of the people like in the region where you live?
10. What are the differences in accent between the people of your hometown and Beijing?
11. What is people"s favorite food in your region?
12. How do you make dumplings?
13. What do you do during the Spring Festival?
14. Why is the Spring Festival so important to Chinese people?
15. Can you describe one of the main festivals celebrated in your country?
16. Tell me something about the Lantern Festival.
17. Tell me something about the Qing Ming Festival.
18. Tell me something about the customs of your country.
19. How long have you lived in Beijing?
20. What is the weather like in Beijing?
21. How do you compare the climate in Beijing with that in your hometown?
22. What place in Beijing do you like best? Why ?
23. Which is the worst place you"ve been to China?
24. Which is the best place you"ve been to China?
25. What places in Beijing should a foreigner visit? Why?
26. What are the major social problems in Beijing? How can they be solved?
27. What is the biggest problem China faces?
28. What places in Beijing should a foreigner visit? Why?
29. Could you tell me something about your family?
30. Have you any children?
31. What is your child"s name? Does his name have a meaning?
32. What does your wife/husband do?
33. When did you get married?
34. Describe your wedding.
35. How have weddings changed in recent years?
36. Are there any special customs about wedding in your region?
37. Describe a traditional wedding ceremony.
38. Where did you go for your honeymoon?
39. Did you have to ask for permission from your parents before you got married?
40. Is it acceptable for couples to live together without marrying?
41. Where do you think a newly couple should live? Living with their parents or on their own?
42. What responsibilities should a couple take?
43. How do Chinese usually celebrate birthdays?
44. Are there any traditions concerning the birth of a baby?
45. What kind of parent do you intend to be?
46. What do you think of One-Child Policy in China?
47. Why do people in China traditionally want to have a son?
48. What difficulties do Chinese farmers have concerning their old age?
49. What do you think needs to be done in order to relieve the farmer"s worries?
50. What hope or fears do you have for your children?
51. What sort of culture do you hope your child will grow up in?
52. Are you going to bring up your child differently from the way you were brought up? How?
53. Do you enjoy shopping?
54. Who does most of the shopping in your family?
55. What are you good at cooking? What is your favorite dish?
56. Who does most of cooking in your family?
57. Is there *** discrimination in China?
58. How do you sum up women"s conditions in China?
59. What are the causes of *** discrimination?
60. Should government pay certain salaries to those housewives? Why or why not?
61. Would you want your wife to continue with her career or to stay at home taking care of the household after you get married?
62. Have you ever wished to be one of the opposite ***? Why (why not)?
63. What would you do if your next-door neighbour were noisy nearly all the time?
64. Do you have a lot of friend?
65. What does friendship mean to you? What kind of people do you make friend with?
66. What is your major?
67. How do you like your major?
68. When and where did you graduate? What qualifications have you obtained?
69. Do you still remember your school days?
70. What impressed you most when you were at university?
71. Which is the best university in your country?
72. Could you sum up your own study habits in a few points?
73. What do you think of the practice of setting up key schools in primary and secondary school education in China?
74. Do you think the subjects you are studying today are relevant to present-day society? Why ?
75. What do you think education should be? Should it be a process of learning what is useful for your future life or should it be simply learning for enjoyment? Why?
76. What do you do for a living?
77. What do you do in the office every day?
78. Since your job seems too professional to me, could you explain it in detail?
79. What are your job prospects?
80. If you had the opportunity to change your job, what would you do with it?
81. Do you have any ambitious?
82. Will any possible future changes affect your job in any way?
83. What are your spare time interests?
84. How do you spend your weekends?
85. What is your favorite sport? What are the rules?
86. What is the most popular sport in your country?
87. What are the sporting facilities like in your university/Beijing?
88. What do you know about Qigong? Do you believe in Qigong?
89. What do you do in your spare time?
90. Do you often read newspapers? If not, why ones do you read?
91. What do you think of computer?
92. Do you think computer has changed our life so much?
93. Do you often go to the cinema/theatre?
94. What kind of films do you like best?
95. Do you often watch TV? What is your favorite program?
96. Do you think watching TV too much is a waste of time?
97. What kind of music do you enjoy?
98. Who is your favorite film star? Will you describe him/her to me?
99. Do you enjoy travelling?
100. Where have you been travelling to? Which place interested you most?
101. Do you smoking?
102. Do you think smoking is a problem that needs special attention and has to be solved? If so, why?
103. What do you know about ABC?
104. What problem do you think you will have in ABC?
105. How will you overcome the difficulties?
106. Do you think you will be able to cope with English-demands of your intended study program in ABC?
107. What difficulties do you think you’ll encounter in your studies in ABC?
108. Can you imagine what life in Britain/Canada/Australia/London, etc. would be like?
109. How will you fare in Britain/Canada/Australia, etc. without your family?
110. What do you intend to study?
111. Which university are you going to study at?
112. Why did you choose this university?
113. Where are you going to study in ABC?
114. What are you plans in ABC?
115. What is your research proposal all about?
116. What do you hope for most from your study abroad?
117. Will your study abroad help your job prospects after come back to China?
118. Should you study more theory or do more practice? Give your reasons, please.
119. What kind of differences in the cultures are you expecting between China and the ABC?
120. How will your study in Britain benefit your work in China when you come back to China?