【广告类】 People are surrounded by advertising and there is an increasing effect on our lives. Do you think positive effects outweigh the negative effects? 人们身边充斥着广告，你是否认为广告利大于弊? 2015年12月5日雅思写作一类重点预测10题(几乎原题压中)
【广告类】 Nowadays, customers are facing increasing advertisements with the competition of different companies. To what extent do you think customers are influenced by advertisements? What measures can be taken to protect the customers? 现在广告愈来愈多，广告在多大的程度上影响了消费者，如何保护消费者?
3. 有些广告含有幽默元素，看到这些广告，人们就会感到轻松快乐，例如姚明为苹果电脑代言的广告。2015年12月5日雅思写作解析及语料库(版)【范文赏析】【首段】 背景介绍+争议焦点+作家立场 Although we may pride ourselves on our good tastes，we are on longer free to choose the things we want because advertisements have been exerting a subtle influence on us. Perhaps nothing has received more praise and abuse than advisements, As I see it, the merits of ads far outweigh its possible demerits.
【解析】The merits of ads far outweigh its possible demerits. 广告的利大于弊。
Seen from the positive aspects, ads can bring us a number of benefits. First，ads have immense value in terms of providing consumers with a pool of useful information. More precisely, with ads, it is easy to get a great deal of up-to-the-minute information and to compare the qualities of different products supplied in the market and to buy our desirable goods at reasonable prices. Further, numerous public-service ads could enact the role of educator. To illustrate, the ads about wildlife protection arouse the public attention to those endangered species in natural reserves. Last, those ads containing artistic or humorous elements could add spice to our daily life, the i-phone ads could serve as a convincing example.
【解析】Those ads containing artistic or humorous elements could add spice to our daily life 那些含有艺术元素或者幽默元素的广告增加了我们生活的乐趣。
Nonetheless，under no circumstances can we overlook the potential downsides triggered by ads. First, unlawful or fake ads are besieged with unrealistic slogans， flowery phrases or empty promises. A case in point is that some make-up or medicine ads represented by greedy stars not only make consumers suffer economically，but also threaten their health. Further, products represented by some popular actors or singers exert a negative influence on the young. Immature consumers tend to buy the goods praised by their favorite stars although they might not really need the goods. Hence, ads impose much pressure upon consumers economically.
【解析】Nonetheless，under no circumstances can we overlook the potential downsides triggered by ads. 然而，任何情况下我们都不能忽视由广告引起的弊端。
In closing，ads is a double-edged sword，which can be used equally for good or evil，what is of the utmost importance is to draw on its merits and discard its demerits so as to give it a full play.
【解析】What is of the utmost importance is to draw on its merits and discard its demerits so as to give it a full play. 对于广告，尤其重要是扬长避短。
Nothing has received more praise and abuse than advisements, although we may pride ourselves on our good tastes, we are no longer free to opt for the things we desire, for ads have been imposing a subtle influence on our consumption. 没有什么像广告一样的毁誉参半，尽管我们以自己的品味自豪，但是，我们已经不能自由选择我们心仪的商品，因为广告对于我们的消费有潜移默化的影响。
【解析】 Nothing has received more praise and abuse than ……没有什么像……一样毁誉参半
1. advertisement = advertising n 广告
2. TV commercial n 电视广告
3. advertisement campaign n 广告宣传
4. public-service ads = public –interest ads n 公益广告
5. rational consumers = wise buyers n理性的消费者
6. wise buying = rational consumption n 理性消费
6. …… is a one of significant sources of getting information v是获得信息的重要的源泉之一
7. …… bring huge convenience to consumers v 给消费者带来巨大便利
8. …… serve the function of entertainment v满足娱乐功能
9. promote the sales of the relevant products v 提高相关产品的销量
10. help relevant enterprises to compete for the lion’s share in the market v 帮助企业实现最大盈利
【解析】 lion’s share n最大的份额
We can，however， never ignore the negative influence induced by advertisement campaign. 然而，我们不能忽视由于广告宣传引起的弊端。
2. Many advertising companies produce advertisements with famous actors or popular singers 很多的广告公司会雇佣歌手以及明星代言商品。
3. fake and illegal ads n虚假的非法的广告
4. …… are full of flowery phrases and empty promises v充满了花哨的宣传语以及空洞的承诺。 5. buy goods without consideration v冲动购物
6. purchase goods impulsively v冲动购物
7. endanger the consumers’ interests v 威胁到消费者的利益
【解析】 endanger v危及到……
8. impose much pressure upon consumers economically v 增加消费者的经济负担
9. consumers are affected by = consumers are influenced by = consumers are swayed by …… v消费者被…… 影响
【解析】 sway v使摇摆;受影响
10. poorly educated children in the remote rural areas n偏远农村地区的文盲儿童
【拓展】 poorly educated= illiterate adj 没有受到良好教育的