1. The news media have become more influential in people’s lives, some people think it is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times in their lives. Is it a positive or negative development?
3. Some people believe that the country development benefits from the high-educated university students. However some people think that the large amount of young people in university only leads to high unemployment graduates. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Employers should give their staff at least a four-week holiday a year to make employees better at their jobs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. New technologies have changed the way children spend their free time. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
6. Some people hold that we should spend amount of time and money on the protection of wild animals. Some people argue that they should be spent on human populations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. People believe arts like painting and music does not directly improve the quality of life. Therefore they think government’s money should be spent on other things. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
8. Many young people today know more about international pop and movie stars than about famous people in the history in their country. Why is this? What can be done to increase young people’s interest in famous people in the history of their country?
9. Full-time university students should spend a lot of time in studying, but also essential to be involved in other activities. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
10. Some working parents think child care centre can provide their children best care. While others think family members such as grandma will experience can give children best care. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. It is shown that many criminals have a low level of education. Some people believe that the best way to reduce crime is to educate them in prison so that they can find a job after they leave prison. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. When a new town is planned, it is more important to develop public parks and sports facilities than shopping centers for people to spend their free time in. Do you agree or disagree?
13. Computer technologies are more accessible and cheaper. As the result, more adults work at home and more children study at home. Is this a positive or negative development?
14. As part of education, students should spend a period of time studying and living in a different country to learn its language and culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Researchers show that overeating is as harmful as smoking. Therefore, advertising for food products should be banned in the same way as the cigarette advertising is banned in many countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?