1. More and more parents are allowing their children to play on computers and tablets as they think that children should learn technology skills. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
2. The restoration of old buildings in major cities in the world costs numerous governments' expenditures. This money should be used in new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people believe that employers should not be concerned about the way their employees dress, but the quality of their work. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think that all children should learn about history at school. Others, however, believe that other subjects are more relevant to children's lives today. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
5. Some people think that the best way to reduce time spent commuting to work is to replace parks and gardens that are close to the city center with apartment buildings for commuters, but others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6. In many countries women are allowed to take maternity and leave from their jobs during the first month after giving birth. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
7. Figures show that in some countries, there is an ever-increasing proportion of population aged 15 or younger. What do you think the effect of current and future in those countries?
8. Some groups of people have benefited from the modern communications technology, but some people have not benefited at all. Discuss two sides and give your own opinion.
9. Some people who have been in prison become good citizens later, some people think that they are the best people to talk to school students the danger of committing a crime. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. People are now surrounded by advertising. This both affects what people think is important and has a negative impact on people's lives. To what extent do you agree and disagree?
11. Many children find it is difficult to concentrate or pay attention at school. What are the causes? The possible solutions to this problem?
12. International community should act immediately to reduce all countries consumption of fuels such as gas and oil. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
13. Nowadays, women have full-time work same as men, logically men should share household equally with women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pay some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
15. Shops should not be allowed to sell any food and drinks which are proved to be scientifically harmful for people's health. Do you agree or disagree?