1. Research says more and more business training and business meeting taking place online. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Some people believe famous people’s support towards international aid organizations draws the attention to problems, while others think celebrities make the problems less important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Research into new types of medicine and treatments are essential for improve health and deal with diseases. Who do you think should fund these researches? Private companies, individuals or governments?
4. Some people claim that many things that children are taught at school are a waste of time. Other people argue that everything study at school are useful at some time. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
5. Some people think that the news media have much more influential in people’s lives and that this is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. An increasing number of people are changing their careers. What are the reasons? Do you think it is positive or negative?
7. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched natural places. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages of damaging such areas?
8. Governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move from large cities to regional areas. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
9. Some people think language class should be taught in small class, others think the number of students doesn't matter. Do you agree or disagree?
10. Some students take one year off between finishing school and going to university, in order to travel or to work. Do you think advantages outweigh disadvantages?
11. These days, people in many cities know little about their neighbours and do not have a sense of community. What do you think are the causes and what solutions can you suggest?
12. As countries develop, more and more people buy and use their own cars. Do you think the advantages of this trend for individuals outweigh its disadvantages for the environment?
13. Many employers think that social skills are as important as good qualifications employing people. To what extent do you agree that social skills are as important as good qualifications for success in the job?
14. Some people think that technology makes life complex, and that we should make life simpler without using technologies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Detailed description of crimes on newspaper and TV can have bad consequences on society, so this kind of information should be restricted on media. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?