1. Many people aim to achieve the balance between their work and life. But few people achieve it. What are the cause of the problems? How to overcome it?
2. Human activities have negative effects on plant and animal species. Some people think it is too late to do anything. Some people believe that effective acts should be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and your opinion.
3. Some people believe that certain old buildings are more worthy of preservation than others. Which types of old buildings should be preserved? Do you think the advantages of preserving old buildings outweigh the disadvantages?
4. Some parents give their children everything that their children ask for or they want to do. Is this good for children? What could be consequences for these children when they grow up?
5. The increased use of technology in the workplace has made it easier for young people to get work and harder for old people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Research says more and more business training and business meeting taking place online. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
7. Some people believe famous people’s support towards international aid organizations draws the attention to problems, while others think celebrities make the problems less important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Research into new types of medicine and treatments are essential for improve health and deal with diseases. Who do you think should fund these researches? Private companies, individuals or governments?
9. Some people claim that many things that children are taught at school are a waste of time. Other people argue that everything study at school are useful at some time. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Some people think that the news media have much more influential in people’s lives and that this is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. An increasing number of people are changing their careers. What are the reasons? Do you think it is positive or negative?
12. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched natural places. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages of damaging such areas?
13. Governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move from large cities to regional areas. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
14. Some people think language class should be taught in small class, others think the number of students doesn't matter. Do you agree or disagree?
15. Some students take one year off between finishing school and going to university, in order to travel or to work. Do you think advantages outweigh disadvantages?