1. Some people hold that we should spend amount of time and money on the protection of wild animals. Some people argue that they should be spent on human populations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. People believe arts like painting and music does not directly improve the quality of life. Therefore they think government's money should be spent on other things. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
3. Many young people today know more about international pop and movie stars than about famous people in the history in their country. Why is this? What can be done to increase young people’s interest in famous people in the history of their country?
4. Full-time university students should spend a lot of time in studying, but also essential to be involved in other activities. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
5. Some working parents think child care centre can provide their children best care. While others think family members such as grandma will experience can give children best care. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. It is shown that many criminals have a low level of education. some people believe that the best way to reduce crime is to educate them in prison so that they can find a job after they leave prison. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. When a new town is planned, it is more important to develop public parks and sports facilities than shopping centers for people to spend their free time in. Do you agree or disagree?
8. Computer technologies are more accessible and cheaper. As the result, more adults work at home and more children study at home. Is this a positive or negative development?
9. As part of education, students should spend a period of time studying and living in a different country to learn its language and culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. Researchers show that overeating is as harmful as smoking. Therefore, advertising for food products should be banned in the same way as the cigarette advertising is banned in many countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. More and more people buy and use their own car. Do you think the advantages of this trend for individuals overweight the disadvantages for environment?
12. Many customs and the traditional ways of behaviour are no longer relevant to the modern life and not worth keeping. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Some people think it is a valuable experience to travel abroad, whereas others believe it is a waste of time and expense since people already have TV programs and the internet nowadays. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
14. Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. Do you agree or disagree?
15. In some countries, there has been an increase in the number of parents who educate their children themselves at home instead of sending them to school. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?