1. An increasing number of people are changing their careers. What are the reasons? Do you think it is positive or negative?
2. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched natural places. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages of damaging such areas?
3. Governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move from large cities to regional areas. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
4. Some people think language class should be taught in small class, others think the number of students doesn't matter. Do you agree or disagree?
5. Some students take one year off between finishing school and going to university, in order to travel or to work. Do you think advantages outweigh disadvantages?
6. These days, people in many cities know little about their neighbours and do not have a sense of community. What do you think are the causes and what solutions can you suggest?
7. As countries develop, more and more people buy and use their own cars. Do you think the advantages of this trend for individuals outweigh its disadvantages for the environment?
8. Many employers think that social skills are as important as good qualifications employing people. To what extent do you agree that social skills are as important as good qualifications for success in the job?
9. Some people think that technology makes life complex, and that we should make life simpler without using technologies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. Detailed description of crimes on newspaper and TV can have bad consequences on society, so this kind of information should be restricted on media. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
11. Some people think that any money spent by the government in supporting artiest (such as painters, musicians and writers) is better than other more important things. To what extant do you agree or disagree?
12. As major cities around the world are growing fast and many problems occur. What are the problems that young people live in cities are caused by continued growth? What solutions do you suggest?
13. New parents should attend a parenting course to learn how to bring up their children well. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. The increased use of technology in the workplace has made it easier for young people to get work and harder for old people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Online shopping is now replacing shopping in store. Do you think it is positive or negative development?