1. Some people believe that air travel should be restricted because it causes serious pollution and uses up the world’s fuel resources. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students how to judge right and wrong and how to behave well. Some say that teachers should only teach students about academic subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Some people think the university education is to prepare students for employment, others think it has other functions . Discuss and give your opinion.
4. Some people argue that teaching children of different abilities together benefits all of them. Others believe that intelligent children should be taught separately and given special treatment. Discuss both views and how do you think about it?
5. It is now possible to perform . everyday tasks, such as bank transaction , shopping or even office works, without meeting people face to face. What are the effects it may have on individuals and the society as a whole?
6. With the increasing use of mobile phones and computers, less people tend to write letters. Some people even think the skill of writing letters will disappear completely . To what extent do you agree or disagree? How important do you think letter writing is?
7. Some believes that cultural traditions will be destroyed by the money-making attractions aimed at tourists. Others think it is the only way to save these cultural traditions. Discuss both views and show your own opinion.
8. Some people suggest when people move to a new country they should accept the new culture as their own，rather than have the separate minority groups which has their own different cultures. To what extent do you agree?Cultural exchange vs. cultural identity
9. The best way to solve the world’s environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuel. To what extent you agree or disagree?
10. Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since the computer technology is so advanced that the Internet and computer can replace them. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
11. Nowadays some people like to give help or donate to local communication directly where someone need help. Other people prefer to give money to national or international organizations . What is your opinion?
12. The shortage of housing in big cities can cause severe consequences and only governmental actions can solve the problem. Do you agree or disagree?
13. Some people think that government should provide assistance to all kinds of artists (e.g. painters, musicians, poets), while some others think it is a waste of money. What is your opinion?
14. Some consider that history is little or no use to us. Others believe that studying history helps us to know the present . Discuss their views and give your own opinion.