The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies and other familiar topics.
• Are there many animals or birds where you live? [Why/Why not?]
• How often do you watch programmes or read articles about wild animals? [Why?]
• Have you ever been to a zoo or a wildlife park? [Why/Why not?]
• Would you like to have a job working with animals? [Why/Why not?]
Are there many animals or birds where you live? Why or why not?
1. 要点提示：Yes/ No. Describe these animals in your city and where these animals live.
2. 结构提示：Well, I live in Beijing, and actually there aren’t many animals in the city. Concrete jungles leave almost no place for animals, except zoos. Of course some people keep pets, like dogs or cats, so I can see some people walking their dogs in the morning or evening.
How often do you watch programs or read articles about wild animals? Why?
1. 要点提示：Answer the frequency, like once a moth or twice a year, etc. and why you watch these programs.
2. 结构提示：Not very often. When I was young, I used to watch cartoons or read stories about animals or wild animals, because they are cute and different from things I can see in my life. But these days, I’m really busy with my studies. Too many courses and too much homework make me exhausted. So when I have free time I would watch a movie or listen to music rather watching programs about wild animals.
Have you ever been to a zoo or a wildlife park? Why or why not?
1. 要点提示：Yes/ No. Describe what the park was like and what you saw there.
2. 结构提示：Yes, I’ve been to a wildlife park in a southern city of my country. The park is so big with lots of wild animals there, and I went there with my family when I was around 12. I was so interested in different species of animals. I saw wild animals like tigers, lions, and even wolves just running out of our car. It was fantastic.
Would you like to have a job working with animals? Why or why not?
1. 要点提示：Yes/ No. Benefits of working with animals. Or describe your own dream job.
2. 结构提示：Well, I have to say I wouldn’t. That’s mainly because I don’t think I have a good skill to work with animals. It’s true I like animals, but I don’t even know how to keep a dog, like, how to train my dog to go bathroom. Also, my major is finance, so I’m looking forward to have a job in a bank or something.