1. Children are experiencing the increasing educational, social and commercial pressures. What are the causes? What measures do you think can be taken to reduce them?
2. Old people have their own ideas of how to think, behave and live, and it is not suitable for young people in preparing their modern life, discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Some people believe the best way to produce a better society is to ensure there is only a small difference between the earnings of the richest and the poorest. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people believe the purpose of education is to prepare people to be useful members for society. Others say that the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
5. The proportion of elderly people in some societies is increasing rapidly. Do you think the negative effect of such trend outweigh the positive effect?
6. Figures show that in some countries, there is an ever-increasing proportion of population aged 15 or younger. What do you think about the effect of current and future in those countries?
7. In many countries, women are able to join the armed forces now on the equal basis of men. However, soe people think only men should be members of the army, navy and air force. Do you agree or disagree?
8. New parents should attend a parenting course to learn how to bring up their children well. Do you agree or disagree?
9. Today many children spend a lot of time playing computer games and little time on sports. Why is it? Is it a positive or negative development?
10. The most important thing of people's life is his or her work. Without a satisfying career, the life is meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Some people believe young people should be free to choose his or her job, but others think they should be realistic and think about their future. Discuss and give your opinion.
12. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience.
13. Some people think a rise in standard of living in a country only seems to benefit cities more than rural areas. What problems may those differences cause? How to reduce this problem?
14. As part of education, students should spend a period of time studying and living in a different country to learn language and culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. In some countries, the government has tried to reduce traffic. For instance, they imposed a congestion tax during the rush hour. Do you think this development is positive or negative?