1. Nowadays many adults have full-time jobs and the proportion of their lives spent on work is very high. Some of them are under high stress and ignore the other parts of life. I think that modern lifestyles are probably responsible for this.
2. Recently years, more and more people choose to live by themselves, why? Is it positive or negative for the development of the society?
3. Some Governments say how many children a family can have in their country should be strictly controlled. They may control the number of children someone has through taxes. Is It sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way?
4. Reading story books is better for children than watching television or playing computer games. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. A recent newspaper article reports that a 14-year-old boy who seriously destroyed his school got a punishment to clean streets instead of being sent to the prison. Do you think this is right? Or the young criminals should be sent to the jail.
6. Some people believe countries have moral obligation to help each other; others worry about the aid money cannot get to the poor of this world. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think having more TV channels is good because they will have more choices, while others think it is not good because programs' quality is lower. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Somebody thinks job satisfaction is more important than job security, while others hold the opposite view: job permanent is much more important. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
9. In the past, people store knowledge in the books. Nowadays people store knowledge on the internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
10. some people believe that the country development benefits from the high-educated university students. However some people think that the large amount of young people in university only leads to high unemployment graduates.Discuss both views and give your opinion.