Do the following statements agree with the information given in Reading Passage 1?
In boxes 1-5 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement is true
FALSE if the statement is false
NOT GIVEN if the information is not given
1. The beach got its name from the British colonists.
2. The indigenous culture in Australia varies greatly from the European culture.
3. Living near Bondi seashore will do harm to people's health.
4. The hotels located in Bondi are built in contemporary style.
5. The seaside town in Bondi is affected by British culture for its characteristic red color.
Answer the questions below.
Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR ONE NUMBER from the passage for each answer
Write your answers in boxes 6-9 on your answer sheet
6. Which kind of public transportation was constructed in 19th century?
7. When did Queen Elizabeth II pay her first visit to Australia?
8. Which sport game did Bondi hold in 2000 Sydney Olympic Games?
9. According to one protestor's view, what would be damaged if the stadium was built?
Complete the following summary of the paragraphs of Reading Passage 1. Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the reading passage for each answer. Write your answers in boxes 10-13 on your answer sheet.
Despite the popularity of sports activities in the water, Bondi Market is also welcomed which attracts lots of___10____to pay a visit here during holidays. Due to the emergence of large crowd, the local accommodationcannot afford this huge increase. A nearby town named___11____could be a second choice while some people would still prefer___12____as the best location. The commercial district of Bondi Beach is characterized by all kinds of interesting cafes, restaurants and hostels. Its seaside buildings are distinguished for the special colored___13____of typical British style.