1. A recent survey shows that, while ninety-four percent of companies conducting management-training programs open them to women, women are _____ only seventy-four percent of those programs.
(A) protesting against
(B) participating in
(C) displeased by
(D) allowed in
(E) refused by
2. There is some______the fact that the author of a book as sensitive and informed as Indian Artisans did not develop her interest in Native American art until adulthood, for she grew up in a region rich in American Indian culture.
(A) irony in
(B) satisfaction in
(C) doubt about
(D) concern about
(E) presumptuousness in
3. As long as nations cannot themselves accumulate enough physical power to dominate all others, they must depend on______.
4. It has been argued that politics as______, whatever its transcendental claims, has always been the systematic organization of common hatreds.
(A) a theory
(B) an ideal
(C) a practice
(D) a contest
(E) an enigma
5. For centuries animals have been used as______ for people in experiments to assess the effects of therapeutic and other agents that might later be used in humans.
6. The struggle of the generations is one of the obvious constants of human affairs; therefore, it may be presumptuous to suggest that the rivalry between young and old in Western society during the current decade is ______critical.
7. Comparatively few rock musicians are willing to laugh at themselves, although a hint of______can boost sales of video clips very nicely.
8. Rumors, embroidered with detail, live on for years, neither denied nor confirmed, until they become accepted as fact even among people not known for their______.
9. The constitutional guarantee for free Speech may have been aimed at protecting native Speakers of English from censorship，but it is not a great _____ to interpret it as protecting the right to express oneself in any natural language or dialect.
10. The Neoplatonists’ conception of a deity, in which perfection was measured by abundant fecundity, was contradicted by that of the Aristotelians, in which perfection was displayed in the _____ of creation.
EXE3 B A A C E C A E B E