1. In the equation above, k, r, s, t, and v represent positive numbers. Multiplying which one of these numbers by 2 will reduce the value of n to 1/2 of its present value?
A. k B. r C.sD. tE. v
2. A certain money market account that had a balance of $48,000 during all of last month earned $360 in interest for the month. At what simple annual interest rate did the account earn interest last month?
A. 7% B.7.5% C.8% D.8.5%E.9%
3.Column A: The two-digit integer that equals twice the sum of its digits
Column B: 16
4. A car travels at an average speed of 80 kilometers per hour during a 6 - hour trip and averages 75 kilometers per hour for the first 4 hours of the trip. Which of the following distance-versus-time graphs is consistent with this information?
5. The number of households receiving monthly benefits in 1960 was approximately what fraction of the number receiving monthly benefits in 1975?
A. 9/10 B.5/6 C.16/27 D.11/32 E.8/35
6. When the even integer n is divided by 7, the remainder is 3.
Column A: The remainder when n is divided by 14
Column B : 10
7. The “combined age” of a group of people is the sum of the ages of all the people in the group. Which of the following groups had the GREatest combined age in 1986?
A. 20-year-old males B. 20-year-old females
C. 60- year-old malesD. 60-year-old females
E. 80-year-old females
8. Approximately how many more 10-year-old children were there in 1980 than in 1986?
A. 100,000 B.200,000 C.300,000 D. 400,000 E.1,000,000
9. The population of females was GREater in 1980 than in 1986 for approximately what percent of the ages from 0 to 100 years?
A. 15% B.25% C.55% D.75% E.85%
10. In 1980 the ratio of the number of males to the number of females was GREatest for which of the following ages?
A. 10B. 30 C.50 D.70 E.90