796. According to the laws of this nation, individuals are minors until they reach the age of eighteen, although this is less in some countries and more in others.
A. although this is less in some countries and more in others
B. but this age is lower in some countries; higher in others
C. although in some countries, it is lower and in others it is higher
D. although it is less than that in some countries and more than that in others
E. but the relevant age is lower in some countries and higher in others
797. Rather than ignore a company that seems about to fail, investment analysts should recognize that its reorganization and recent uptick in revenue, combined with its dynamic new leadership, indicate that the firm’s prospects must be taken seriously.
A. Rather than ignore a company that seems about to fail,
B.Rather than ignoring a company that is about to seemingly fail,
C. Instead of a company that is seemingly about to fail being ignored,
D. Instead of ignore a company that seems about to fail,
E. In place of ignoring a company’s imminent failure seemingly about to occur,
819. Many stock traders in the United States have set out to become global investors, convinced that limiting their investments to the U.S. stock market, even though it is certainly home to the stocks of some of the world’s great corporations, restricted their gains.
A. even though it is certainly
B. which, while it is certainly
C. despite that that market is certainly
D. which, though certainly
E. although, certainly as
823. Custodian fees and expenses, as described in the statement of operations, include interest expense incurred by the fund on any cash overdrafts of its custodian account during the period.
A. include interest expense incurred by the fund on any cash overdrafts of its custodian account during the period
B. are to include interest expenses on any cash overdrafts of its custodian account the fund incurred during the period
C. includes interest expense the fund incurred during the period on any cash overdrafts of its custodian account
D. may include interest expense during the period that the fund was to incur on any cash overdrafts of its custodian account
E. including interest expense on any cash overdrafts of its custodian account incurred by the fund during the period
824. Although some had accused Smith, the firm’s network manager, of negligence when the crucial data went missing, the CEO defused a situation that
w as qu ite t ens e w ith h er pu bl ic s tat em ent th at th e de bac l e w as not S m it h ’s fau lt .
A. a situation that was quite tense with her public statement that the debacle was not Smith’s fault
B.a situation that was quite tense, by publicly stating that the debacle was not Smith’s fault
C. a situation, which was quite tense, by stating publicly that Smith was not responsible for the debacle
D. a quite tense situation with a public statement about the debacle not being Smith’s fault
E. a quite tense situation by publicly stating the debacle not to have been Smith’s fault